DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: African Centre for Technology Studies
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
The African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS) is a pioneering development research think tank on harnessing applications of science, technology and innovation policies for sustainable development in Africa. ACTS is an Intergovernmental organization founded in 1988 to pursue policy oriented research towards strengthening the capacity of African countries and institutions to harness science and technology for sustainable development. ACTS envisions a sustainable economic, social and environmental future for Africa, through science, technology and innovation.
Article 3 of the Charter of ACTS, empowers the Organization to undertake capacity building, conduct research, provide advisory services and disseminate information on the policy aspects of the application of science and technology to sustainable development in Africa.
An officer at this level will report to the Finance and Administration Director and responsibilities will entail:-
- Developing and coordinating the preparation of annual procurement and disposal plans and their implementation.
- Carrying out timely procurement of goods and services for the Centre
- Preparing contract documents for goods and services in line with ACTS procurement policies
- Custodian of all contract documents
- Providing secretariat to committees incidental to procurement of goods and services and disposal of assets
- Maintain an updated asset register as per ACTS asset management policies and procedures
- Providing professional advice on procurement of goods and services and disposal of assets
- Reviewing procurement needs of the Centre
- Ensuring that annual prequalification of suppliers for regular goods and services is carried out on timely basis to ensure seamless provision of quality services to the center.
- Facilitating regular evaluation of prequalified suppliers
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Supplies Management Option) or any other related field.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management (added advantage) or professional qualification and affiliation.
- Computer skills in procurement applications; and
- Active member of KISM
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Supply chain management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Management position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please send an application consisting of a motivation letter (setting out how you meet the criteria above), an up-to-date CV with three relevant references to the Human Resource Manager, ACTS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow this link for more information