Director, Commission Secretariat, Current Government Jobs Kenya,
The Parliamentary Service Commission invites applications from energetic and results-oriented individuals interested in serving in the following positions for a term of five years, with eligibility for re-appointment for one further term of five years.
DIRECTOR, COMMISSION SECRETARIAT, PSC SCALE 15 (1 VACANCY)
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities will entail-
Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to staff in the Parliamentary Service Commission (PSC) Secretariat and provide directions in the operations of the Directorate to promote efficiency and effectiveness;
- Develop the annual PSC Secretariat Work Plan derived from the PSC Strategic Plan and the PSC Secretariat Service Charter so as to provide guidance on the activities of the Commission, the Commission Committees, and the Board of Senior Management;
- Prepare the Commission budget to ensure adequate allocation of funds for the activities of the Commission, Commission Committees, and the Board of Senior Management as set out in the Work Plan;
- Develop the annual procurement plan of the PSC Secretariat to ensure a sufficient supply of equipment and provisions required by Commissioners and PSC secretariat staff;
- Oversee the facilitation of the Parliamentary Service Commission, the Commission Committees, and the Board of Senior Management;
- Supervision of the PSC Secretariat staff and all staff in Commissioners’ offices;
- Provide expert non-partisan advice on procedure and practices to the Commissioners, the Secretary to the PSC, and senior management on institutional matters and those related to the Commission to facilitate them;
- Identify capacity gaps and recommend capacity building programs for Commissioners, PSC Secretariat Staff, and Commissioners’ staff to enhance capacity and improve performance; and
- Secretary to the Board of Senior Management.
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and administration of the day to day duties of the Directorate, including those of Commissioners’ offices for proper coordination;
- Oversee the issuance of notices of meetings for the Commission, the Commission Committees, and the members of the Board of Senior Management;
- Oversee preparation of the agenda and minutes for meetings of the Commission, the Commission Committees, and the Board of Senior Management, in consultation with the Secretary to the Commission;
- Liaise with other Directorates, to prepare policy papers for the Commission, the Commission Committees, and the Board of Senior Management;
- Continuously oversee research activities to identify policy gaps and oversee the preparation of policy proposals for consideration by the Board and the Commission;
- Oversee preparation and communication of Commission and Board resolutions;
- Prepare quarterly reports of the performance of the Commission and Board of Senior Management for monitoring and evaluation; and
- Oversee the capacity-building programs of the Commission including the induction of new Commissioners.
Requirements for Appointment-
Appointment to this grade will be made from Assistant Deputy Clerks /Deputy Directors who will have-
- Served on that grade for at least three (3) years
- Explicitly shown proven flair for parliamentary procedure
- Interest and commitment to the processes of Parliament
- Gained sufficient knowledge to be able to give advice encompassing the totality of the parliamentary institution
- Attended senior management courses offered by recognized institutions
- A master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, copies of academic certifications and/or testimonials and a duly completed
Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J)
, which may be downloaded from
Applications should be addressed to –
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary,
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P.O. Box 41842 — 00100,
Hand-delivered during office hours to
the Office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1
Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings.
Emailed as a PDF file attachment to [email protected] to be received on or before 11 th May 2022.
Please note: Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application (Form 1J ) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.