QA Engineer at NALA


Share and send to your friends !
  • Company: NALA
  • Location: Kenya
  • State: Nairobi
  • Job type: Full-Time
  • Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Resubmit your Resume Today. Click Here to Start
Job Description

We are building Revolut for Africa . Over 80% of the money sent to Africa is done with physical cash. The remaining 20% is done via digital channels but are subject to multiple layers of fees and paperwork. Our easy-to-use app allows anyone to quickly send money from GBP or USD (EUR coming soon!) to all major African currencies at the lowest rates available.

The Role

We are looking for a reliable QA Engineer whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of business life cycle as you’ll ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers. Being the first hire on the QA team you will need to have eyes like a hawk when it comes to quality assurance. You will own the Quality Assurance Framework and drive continuous improvement through actionable insights from QA. The goal is to assure the high quality of our product and operations aiming for the long-term success of our business. With your experience in building complex automated systems, you’ll also have a chance to showcase your existing automation skills.

Responsibilities
  • Liaising with technical team to device the process and schedule for testing features before they go live
  • Executing on manual and automated tests in a cross-functional team to ship high quality and thoroughly tested features/modules
  • Document software defects and report them clearly and concisely (using relevant tools such as JIRA) to software developers
  • Improve bug tracking and defects organization – by component, severity and days opened
  • Design and deliver automated testing script and strategy
  • Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
  • Monitor efforts to resolve product issues and track progress
  • Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations
  • Spot areas for improvement to enhance the product’s efficiency
  • Research the current market for similar products and compare results
Is this you?

We know that finding a job can be stressful. It can be really hard to tick all the boxes for any job description however we encourage you to apply even if you cannot tick every single of the box. Here is what we are looking for:

  • 3+ years of proven experience as a QA engineer or relevant role
  • Prior experience testing mobile applications in a fast-scaling product
  • Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
  • Great attention to detail and persistence to dwell deeper into complex technical issues to capture the depth of the problem
  • Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
  • Bachelor Degree or above in computer science or related areas

These are some nice to haves that would really get our attention:

  • You have experience working in Fintech and Payments
  • You have experience working in a tech startup
  • Experience with security testing or prior experience in infosec
  • Experience with CI/CD pipelines and contribution of continuous QA effort
  • Good API testing skills with tools such Postman, Jest or ReadyAPI
  • Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like WebdriverIO, Selenium Webdriver, Appium etc.
  • In addition to English, you can also speak French or Swahili

Benefits

  • We are fully remote! You can work wherever you like so long as you can work within 3 hours of London time
  • We do 2 company trips per year (sometimes more!) Check out our last trip to Zanzibar in Dec 2021
  • Everyone in any region can expense up to $1000 equivalent a year to support themselves on personal development. This can include books, conferences, courses etc – anything to help you do your job better or help you grow your career.
  • We offer 35 days holiday inclusive of any Public Holidays that exist in your country.
  • We provide computer equipment for everyone
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 20 July. 2022
Programme Management Officer Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya, Competencies Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of sustainable urban development and local governance theories, concepts and approaches especially for the context of…
Programme Support Officer The Environmental Governance and Conventions Branch focuses on strengthening institutional and governance mechanisms to bring greater efficiency and coherence to the way environmental issues are addressed in…
Company: Kakamega County Location: Kenya State: Nairobi Job type: Full-Time Job category: Management Jobs in Kenya Resubmit your Resume Today. Click Here to Start Job Description Kakamega County is one…