Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Company: Rama Group of Companies
Job Title: Legal Officer (In-House)
Supervisor/Manager Title: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Conducting extensive legal research and writing for the respective holdings of the Rama Group of Companies
- Sieving management decisions to ensure they are in line with legal provisions.
- Assisting the HR Manager in drafting legal correspondence for the Rama Group of Companies.
- Advising management on legal risks that may threaten the organization.
- Take charge of applying for any legal document required of the company.
- Take charge of renewal of any legal document required of the company.
- Take charge of updating any legal document required of the company
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses, Submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Company.
- Prepare, file and plead cases in Commercial Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Company.
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
- File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Company.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Submit quarterly work reports to Management and the Board of Directors.
- Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the Director.
- Represent the Company at Arbitration and Public Utilities Commission hearings.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
- Attend special committee meetings and offer advice as required.
- Complete administrative duties such as making copies, answering and directing phone calls and greeting clients
- Coordinate appointments, including all correspondence and logistics necessary
- Manage legal documentation and correspondence in strict confidence
- Correspond with the company lawyer and clients.
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts
- Call clients, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule meetings, and depositions.
- Performing all other duties as instructed by the management.
Interested and qualified persons are asked to make their applications by:-
- A letter of application
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include -professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs,
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Applicants to send their application to [email protected] before 19 th March 2021 . Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t get communication