- Company: Amnesty International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of the Regional Philanthropy & Partnerships team at Amnesty International’s International Secretariat (IS), this role will lead and grow the income from Trust, Foundations, and institutional sources for the Africa Region. The role will work with IS Regional Offices to identify opportunities, pursue those opportunities and manage successful grants. Also, this role will be working with Amnesty offices based across Africa to support fundraising within and beyond their markets.
Managing Trust, Foundations and Institutional specialist fundraising and development initiatives in Southern, East, West and Central Africa, the role will be advising on and coordinating of financial investment and other capacity building resources which will drive direct fundraising activities and financial growth in Amnesty International markets in the region resulting in successful fundraising programmes in line with strategic fundraising goals.
You will be:
- an experienced Fundraiser, with a strong understanding of the trust, foundation and institutional funding landscape across Africa.
- able to work independently to drive fundraising growth and influence and lead others to support this work.
- experienced in identifying funding information sources and carrying out in-depth research on funding opportunities.
- excellent at written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex issues clearly for external audiences
- experienced in monitoring and overseeing large budgets and taking strategic decisions on most cost-effective solutions, taking into considerations funders’ requirements.
- able to provide mentoring and training on fundraising issues and specifically grants fundraising.