Remuneration Services Director Jobs, HR Jobs, SRC Jobs
The job purpose is to develop, oversee and lead the designing of strategies that will ensure a harmonized, equitable and fair remuneration and; implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive Research and Compliance strategy.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the Commissions’ Strategic Objectives on Research and Compliance; Job Evaluation; Allowances and Benefits; Productivity and Performance and Collective Bargaining Negotiations
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and manuals on remuneration and benefits for improved efficiency and effectiveness;
- Spearheading the development of Public Sector policies on remuneration and benefits management;
- Develop effective work plans drawn from the strategic plan and undertake continuous performance monitoring and reporting;
- Develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the goals and values of the Commission.
- Prepare budgets for programs, monitor absorption and ensure optimal utilization and alignment to the Commissions strategic activities.
- Ensure efficiency of systems, processes and standard operating procedures to achieve the operational excellence that drives the Commission’s objectives.
- Develop and implement a risk management framework for the directorate;
- Ensure Implementation of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan for the directorate;
- Ensure compliance on all statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission policies.
- Provide regular reports in compliance with internal and external guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure quality and timely reports to the Commission’s committees and to the Commission;
- Develop and implement a Service Charter for the Directorate;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders;
- Develop team capabilities, build a cohesive team and foster a culture that promotes the core values of the commission.
- Initiate remuneration reviews of public sector salary structures and make appropriate recommendations in line with the Commissions principles;
- Oversee the analysis of salaries, remuneration and benefits for state officers and other public offices;
- Spearhead the development of a total compensation structure;
- Spearhead the acquisition, customization and application of a Job Evaluation system for the Public service;
- Oversee job evaluation exercise for public sector jobs;
- Provide oversight and advice on collective bargaining negotiations processes in relation to the mandate of the commission;
- Plan, initiate and formulate the Commission’s research strategy, annual research plan and conduct research that will inquire into and advise on the salaries to be paid out of public funds;
- Ensure timely communication of appropriate advice to the Commission through provision of research findings and progress reports through various fora;
- Develop and implement methods, tools and procedures for monitoring and evaluating research projects that will ensure the public service’ ability to attract and retain required skills.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of developments in policy and practice in relation to research information, compliance and relevant intelligence;
- Develop internal and external linkages to effectively manage the Commission’s relationships with relevant stakeholders in relation remuneration and benefits;
- Develop and implement a framework to recognize productivity and performance in pay determination and foster a culture of productivity.
- Minimum Qualifications and Personal Specifications
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public or Business Administration or other relevant field from a recognised university;
- Proven relevant experience of at least twelve (12) years, six (6) years of which must be at management level in a reputable organization;
- Relevant Professional qualification will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in a Leadership Course from a recognized institution;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, report writing, collaboration and communication skills.
- Significant expertise and experience in identifying, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing complex papers;
- Knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation techniques; analysis, public finance management principles and processes;
- Appreciation of the macro and micro economic environment;
- Be conversant with the Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration systems;
- Good understanding of the Kenyan labour laws and related statutes;
- Demonstrated competences and capabilities in handling remuneration matters;
- Must be able to work with high level of confidentiality
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of…” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6 th Floor
4 th Ngong Avenue
P.O Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 22 nd October 2019.