- Company: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Data Science / Research Jobs in Kenya
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
The Research Assistant will Support the Fruit Trees project manager in donor reporting, assessment and tracking of project progress and stakeholder engagement.
- Support the Fruit Trees project manager in donor reporting, assessing / tracking project progress and stakeholder engagement by maintaining links and fostering an effective and timely communication between the project team, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Oversee data management and archiving for the Fruit Trees project’s data and ensuring quality control and accessibility as per ICRAF and IPG standards.
- Liaise with Project manager in scheduling project meetings and with the responsibility of taking minutes including compiling proceedings of such meetings such as inception and steering committee meetings.
- Supervise some data collection activities like household surveys, Key informant surveys and Focus Group Discussions and subsequent analysis and write up.
- Contribute towards data collection on tree nurseries, and on tree management including adapting the suitable tree species selection and management tool for East Africa to include climate change adaptation aspects.
- Active involvement in monitoring and evaluation of Fruit Trees project by application of the monitoring and evaluation strategy in tracking project beneficiaries and technology spillover to assess the project outcomes and impacts.
- Contribute to production of knowledge products like technical reports, training manuals and or scientific publications.
- Liaise with Program management Unit on Fruit Trees partner reporting to ensure project’s adherence to contractual reporting engagement.
- A Master’s degree in natural resource management, agroforestry, biological and environmental sciences or related area courses OR a bachelor’s degree in the same areas with at least 3 years’ experience in the field.
- Knowledge and skills in the design of questionnaires, supervising data collection and application of ODK mobile tool for data collection, data quality management, training researchers and enumerators and technical reporting.
- Working experience and or attachment with research institution and preferably CGIAR Centers.
- Field experiences in projects in East Africa and especially Kenya including working in harsh environments.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis software’s like Excel and SPSS, and online data collection tools like ODK.
- Team player, highly committed, keen to detail, self-driven, Integrity, highly dependable, ability to work with minimum supervision and good interpersonal communication skills both written and spoken.
- Ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.