- Company: Zamara Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Insurance Jobs in Kenya
Zamara is a financial services firm that primarily offers Actuarial Services, Pensions Administration and Consulting and Insurance Brokerage Services. Zamara has been in the Kenyan Market for over 23 years, initially operating as Hymans Robertson and more recently as Alexander Forbes. Working at Zamara offers our people the opportunity to work for a Truly Pan-African Financial Services firm.
Roles and responsibilities
Achieving Zamara’s ambitious strategic priorities will be complex and challenging. Its continued success will be dependent on building and retaining a world-class team. The successful candidate will manage and provide actuarial consultancy services to a small portfolio of clients under guidance from the Team Leader.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include:
Actuarial valuations and calculations:
- Responsible for managing a small portfolio of clients under the supervision of a senior resource
- Agree deadlines for projects and calculations with consultant and actuary and ensure the deadlines are met
- Carry out data checks/analysis and prepare valuation and financial review reports for checking by actuarial consultant
- Support and review work done by actuarial analysts
- Adhere to compliance with set processes and standards in the Division
- Ensure delivery of high quality output whilst working on a wide range of concurrent assignments.
- Accompany senior resource to client meetings and have greater involvement in terms of presentations and discussions
- Initiate and support business development and client relations.
Billing and debt collection:
- Assist accounts with billing and collection of all pursued but uncollected debts
- Develop expert knowledge of all the processes/procedures & systems used for individual calculations and valuations
- Develop technical knowledge through formal and on the job training
- Initiate a project and work on it to completion
- Take ownership on research initiatives and participate in R&D projects
- Contribute to the actuarial profession in Kenya
- The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The following experience is preferred:
- Proven experience in a similar environment together with strong capabilities and ability to communicate with impact
- Degree in Actuarial Science or related field.
- At least 3 actuarial examination passes from a recognized International Actuarial Association
- Good grasp of system application
- Strong knowledge of insurance/pensions industry
- MS Office with focus on Excel Skills.
- Comfortable with different actuarial valuations methods and techniques
- Basic programming skills
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent time management skills
- Supervisory and mentoring skills
- Innovative and proactive
- Strong business sense
- Responsible and accountable
- Client facing skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.