DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: KIPPRA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
To ensure proper advisory to the Executive Director and the Board on legal issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of KIPPRA; and advising on legislative and other measures that affect the Board.
- Liaising with external law firms on litigations by preparing witness statements and collecting evidence;
- Providing legal opinion on matters pertaining to KIPPRA;
- Updating the Institute on new relevant legislations;
- Filing periodic statutory returns with the regulators;
- Drawing standard contract templates;
- Reviewing contract agreements, leases and other legal documents;
- Undertaking research on legal issues relating to KIPPRA;
- Ensuring compliance with Laws, regulations, standards and codes;
- Monitoring and evaluate compliance with regulations, contractual obligations and policies and implement corrective actions;
- Conducting investigations on court cases on matters before filing suit; and
- Maintaining safe custody of contracts and legal documents
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law
- Minimum period of three (3) years post admission in Legal Affairs;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- Proficiency in computer skills;
- Management course lasting not less than 2 weeks
- Knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Knowledge and exposure to finance sector laws, regulations, rules & guidelines.
- Ability to prepare contracts and various relevant legal documents.
- Experience in legislative drafting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
All applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City Square,
Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
All Email applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Applications should reach the Institute, not later than close of business on Monday 13TH May 2019 at 17:00 hrs
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.