- Company: FSD Africa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
FSD Africa is a specialist development agency set up to support breakthrough ideas to build and strengthen financial markets across sub-Saharan Africa. It works to reduce poverty by strengthening Africa’s financial markets. It does this by tackling the most intractable financial market challenges in Africa – including the lack of long-term finance, especially in local currency, dysfunctional credit markets and inadequate risk management capacity.
FSD Africa’s team of financial sector experts works alongside governments, business leaders, regulators, and policymakers to design and build ambitious programmes that make financial markets work better for everyone. Depending on the project, it can provide grants, investment capital, technical assistance, and market insights (e.g., through research) to ensure it achieves its objectives.
We focus our work where the need is greatest, and where we believe the potential for impact is the most significant. We have a specific mandate to invest in breakthrough, innovative ideas that we believe can have a transformative impact.
The Specialist, Green Finance – Capital Markets leads the implementation of pillar strategies and interventions in green finance. In delivering her/his role, the specialist will participate in the development of the pillars’ strategic and programme workplans, play a critical role in project management and implementation, and position FSD Africa’s contribution to market transformation.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Thought Leadership & Strategy Development
- Project Design and Implementation
- Financial Management & Fund Raising
- Influencing and communicating impact
Qualifications and Education
- Master’s degree or equivalent senior professional experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 6-8 years of experience in the areas of technical specialism, at middle management in a financial markets environment.
- Ability to manage project portfolio in GBP 1-3 million range
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of donor policies and procedures withe experience in working with FCDO
- Languages: English (required) French (desired)