Chief Strategy Development & Alignment Officer Jobs, Technical Jobs, Parastatal Jobs, KenGen Jobs
Current job Level: Three (3)
Division: Strategy & Innovation
Section: Strategy and Alignment
Station: Central Office
This role is responsible for driving the strategy formulation and planning processes; communication of the company’s strategy both internally and externally and supporting the execution of key initiatives across the company. The role is also responsible for managing strategic partnerships.
- Develop inclusive strategy formulation and planning processes.
- Facilitate company strategy formulation and reviews and drive decision-making that creates medium-term and long-term improvement
- Gather strategic business intelligence and keep it updated. Undertake market analysis, competitor and sector data and information analysis, demographic and economic profiling to assist and advise the organization to identify opportunities for development.
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan. Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Alignment of strategy by ensuring division/departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organizational strategic priorities.
- Partnering with institutional leadership, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Mobilizing and managing teams of individuals charged with executing strategies.
- Acting as a resource across the company to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
- Lead and or assist manage strategy related collaborations and agendas with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Communicating and implementing a company’s strategy internally and externally so that all employees, partners, suppliers, and contractors understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the company’s overall goals.
- Develop and Drive the Strategic Change Agenda.
- Prepare section monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Create a systematic approach to partner outreach and relationship management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all potential and actual partners. Forecast, measure, and report results of various projects with partners and keep great ongoing relationships with current partners
- Shape and execute strategy to achieve intended partnerships and impact; problem-solve stakeholder engagement and identify opportunities for deeper value.
- Identifying partnership prospects and sequencing requests to maximize opportunities.
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest.
- Lead role in partner discussions ensuring alignment of process, critical inputs, goals, and reporting.
- Working collectively within the partnership team and across the organisation around partner relationships.
- Initiate new as well as follows up on existing partner relations. Develop the strategy and to execute the on-boarding of new enterprise partners.
- Takes a leading role in the partnership cooperation through cooperating with the expected partners to achieve joint goal setting, leading to the implementation and operationalisation of programmes to reach KenGen’s goals
- Provide support in strategic cultivation, proposal development, negotiation of partnership terms and MOU/contract development.
Managerial / Others
- Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system;
- Prepare and submit sectional budgets for approval by the Management and Director and ensure prudent use of resources;
- Prepare and circulate the section’s monthly report and ensure follow through for the gaps; identified;
- Review tender documents initiated in the department and ensure timely availability of resources necessary to meet departmental objectives.
- Involved in preparation of reports for other stakeholders as well as Ministry of Energy and Petroleum and project briefs.
- Represent the Strategy Manager in internal and external consultative meetings and engagements.
- Spearhead corporate culture activities in the department;
- Coordinate and conduct ISO audits in the section.
- Represent the Strategy Manager in key stakeholder engagements that may include project collaborations and resolution of corporate performance issues.
- Undergraduate degree in a Technical, Science or Business-related field;
- Possession of a master’s degree in a managerial, strategy or in a business-related field is an added advantage;
- Relevant professional qualifications and membership in a related field from a recognised institution is mandatory
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be an added advantage.
- At least Seven (7) years’ experience with at least three (3) years at senior management level in a leading organisation;
- A proven track record in Strategy Formulation and monitoring and evaluation of Strategic Initiatives;
- Evidence of the ability to organise and present high impact information for top management and key stakeholders;
- Proven experience in engaging top management teams, anticipating, filtering and accelerating issues and problem resolution across divisions, departments and teams.
- Relevant experience in the energy sector and familiarity with key sector stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and competence in managing diverse teams. Experience in engaging teams, anticipating, filtering and accelerating issues and problem resolution across divisions, departments and teams.
Skills and Competences
- Planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Business acumen, organisational and entrepreneurial skills
- Sound decision making and judgement skills
- Negotiation and people management skills
- Relationship management and cross-functional business skills
- Proficiency in SAP and Business Intelligence systems
- Oral and written communication skills with Proficiency in MS Suite of packages
Candidates shortlisted for the interview of Manager and Chief Officer positions will be required to submit the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Human Resource & Administration Director,
6 th Floor Room 6.01
P.O. Box 47936-00100
Or send to the following email address: email@example.com
The reference number of the job should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Closing date for applications is 17 th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing and falsifying or misinterpretation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.