Job Vacancy: Accounts Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Minimum Diploma and above in business administration and CPA 2.
Work Experience: 2 years. Work experience in the hospitality industry.
Job Field: Accounting and Finance
Reporting to the hotel accountant, the account assist will be responsible for providing support in accounting function and document management.
Job duties include ensuring accuracy of banking, F&B management, updating the asset register, preparing management reports.
Key duties and responsibilities
· To oversee the management of the Hotel with respect to the following:
· Daily sales reconciliation for rooms, F&B, Children Park, events and promotion.
· Ensuring that daily banking of cash sales.
· Daily food and beverages stocktake reconciliation and valuation.
· Providing complete bank reconciliation on monthly basis.
· Requisition of approvals for procurement of foods and beverages from the hotel manager.
· Sales commissions’ calculation and presentation for payment.
· Payroll preparation and presentation for approval.
· Preparations for staff statutory deductions e.g. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF for payment.
· Statutory compliance -VAT, catering levy, licenses, rates, Installment and annual taxes.
· Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts.
· Updating the asset register on a regular basis.
· Insurance and legal in consultation with the hotel manager.
· Ensuring timely payment to suppliers and others including utility Companies.
· Ensuring through the Manager that all debt is paid on time
· Any other duty that was allocated by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills
· Diploma and above in business administration and CPA 2.
· Work Experience: 2 years. Work experience in hospitality industry
· Knowledge in accounting software (Hotel+) or any other.
· Business minded
· Creative and authoritative
· Data entry and accuracy
· Communication skills for report writing.
· Basic Math skills and Accounting knowledge
· Attention to detail and organization skills
· Computer skills and experience in accounting software
How to Apply
All applications to [email protected]
Closing date: 17th October 2020