- Company: Sanergy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek an Administration Associate – Kisumu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation and maintaining a filing system for all administration related documents
- Maintain all Administrative trackers, and ensure that the trackers at any one time are uptodate
- Manage and coordinate all maintenance office related issues by collaborating with the Maintenance team to resolve the issues within 24 hours if they are high priority.
- Inform teammates of the maintenance issues by posting what the issue is, when it will be resolved and what to use in the meantime. Once the maintenance issue has been sorted out, then notify teammates.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Raise administrative related PRs and liaise with procurement partners to ensure that PRs are approved and payment processed on time to avoid discontinuation of service.
- Ensuring a wellfunctioning office by conducting line tours dailyPerform general office clerk duties – Coordinating courier services
- Collaborate with different stakeholders within the company office space when assistance is required.
- Conference/Meeting Room management (scheduling, resolving conflicts, WiFi access, maintenance)
- Provides support and assistance to coworkers and other departments as requested by supervisor
- Scanning documents as requested
- Maintaining office equipment (Printers and Projectors) and escalate any issues to the IT team.
- Ensure quality control of goods in and/or goods out
- Provide Front Office and HR admin support Support Talent (Recruitment getting documentation, receiving and tracking applications , Following up to get signed hr correspondences/ documents, employee welfare ie making sure that the working environment is favourable and escalating areas of improvement,Implement Talent initiatives on the ground as appropriate,make sure that the team is maintaining attendance sheets, onboarding of new staff),HSE support (Conduct workplace audits, Tracking implementation of CAPA, Accident, incident, unsafe acts and near miss escalation and resolution, Support in 5S implementation, Facilitate safety onboarding for new staff,
- Update daily checklists on COVID19 adherence, Ensure PRs/POs and payments are done in a timely manner
- Schedule, prepare and lead weekly meetings with managers focused on driving key results, including documenting discussions and following up on action items and share ideas of how you can improve work performance. Be open and share with your supervisor your ideas to improve your work and processes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you.
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration
- Proficiency in MS Office
- More than 1 year of experience in an admin related role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment will be an added advantage
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work