Area Business Development Manager Jobs,
Title: Area Business Development Manager,
Our client is a marketplace platform that sources produce directly from farmers and delivers it to urban retailers. They seek to hire an Area Business Development Manager who will be responsible for growing business within their area and leading and managing teams by establishing strong relationships with market stakeholders to facilitate growth in the share of the clients’ stock size of FFV and FMCG, average drop size per customer and regional market share in the products to drive sales volumes and ultimately exceeding the business revenue targets.
- Lead the account developers in executing and implementing market penetration and development plans for existing and new markets in the assigned area through engagement, recruitment and training of new customers to increase online orders to drive sales volumes and revenue growth
- Be an exceptional people manager, coach and mentor who cares about not only the best performance from the team but their individual development and growth. Directly manage the performance of Business Developers taking action to recognize excellent performance and to improve poor performance.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of excellent customer service by leading the identification and mapping of customer needs in assigned Area and ensuring they are met towards customer satisfaction and retention, market expansion and revenue growth
- Interpret and implement defined strategies that enhance leads generation, identification and testing of new opportunities as well as viable income streams towards business expansion and growth. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product portfolio and value proposition, cascading this down the team through effective communication
- Work closely with the m-Commerce Manager, Sales Capability Manager and other stakeholders in Supply Chain to drive revenue and business growth while taking responsibility for the customer relationship within the assigned area
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or business-related degree
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in route to market penetration preferably in the FMCG industry with at least 2 years’ experience in a management position
- Experience establishing discipline, planning and operational routines to drive performance
- Experience translating KPIs to teams to get buy-in and results
- Supervisory/team management experience – led a team of 5+ people
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- Proficiency in all applications of Microsoft office suite.
Competencies & Attributes
- Coaching and Developing others
- Facilitating change
- Decision making
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- Passion for results
- Business Acumen
- Negotiating and influencing others (Excellent Communications skills)
- Building and growing relationships
- Innovation skills and continuous improvement of existing procedures and processes.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Area Business Development Manager ) to [email protected] before 6th February 2020 .
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.