Area Sales Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our client is one of the leading smartphones company. They seek to hire a motivated and result-oriented Area Sales Manager who will be tasked with the supervision of their Sales team ensuring that they meet the targets set for their respective territories.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Plan to ensure achievement of divisional and personal target, aligning with company sales policies and strategies
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics
- Provide daily report of field sales success and communicate the data.
- Sell to existing and potential direct accounts as well as provide sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing and order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts
- Continually assess current business distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans
- Prepare reporting as needed
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
Skills & Proficiencies
- Leadership Skills: Your job is to motivate your employees, working with them to set and meet sales goals. You will have to resolve conflicts and may be in charge of hiring your staff.
- Analytical Skills: You will take the sales numbers and analyze them to find weaknesses in the system, cost-saving opportunities and redundancies. Good analytical skills will help you set proper goals and determine pricing.
- Customer Service: You might need to speak with dissatisfied customers, or entertain high profile clients. Customer service skills will be necessary.
- Communication Skills: A big part of sales and leadership is communication. You will need to be a good listener and speaker, to help customers and employees understand your direction and recommendations.
- A Diploma or degree in sales and marketing
- Proven track record in the sales department
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial team( Experience in the mobile industry will be an added advantage)
- Ability to handle and lead a large and diverse team.
- Ability to combine and analyze reports for the purposes of forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject ( Area Sales Manager – Smartphones ) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 18 th April 2019 .
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.