Assistant Director Jobs, MSEA Jobs
Ref. No: MSEA – 19/7/2019 (MSEA Grade 5)
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:- coordinating implementation of policies, projects and programmes in relation to Micro and Small Enterprises; providing business counselling and assisting youth aspiring to become entrepreneurs; conducting training; preparing budget estimates; preparing training manuals and exhibition materials; evaluating training programmes/exhibition events; analysing data on MSE issues; liaising with stakeholders on program implementation; marketing Authority programmes; writing proposals for funding; compiling training/exhibition reports; overseeing County programmes/projects; facilitating technology transfer amongst MSE operators; preparing periodic and quarterly reports; motivating staff for peak performance; providing inspirational leadership for peak performance; overseeing the implementation of the Authority/County Strategic Plans; preparing and coordinating performance contracts, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of projects and programs relating to or affecting MSEs; coordinating dissemination of information about MSE Fund; and facilitating access to MSE Fund.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Minimum experience of Seven (7) years working experience as an Enterprise Development officer in Public Service or a comparable position, three (3) of which should be at middle level management;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing will be Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship Course or related training from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019 .
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification