DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Ole-Sereni
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
To ensure service delivery at every point of sale in the Food and Beverage Department. Supervises daily Food and Beverage (F&B) shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards, and procedures. Manages day-to-day operations verifying that the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
Graduate from an accredited Hotel Management School
Management and supervisory F&B experience
Ability to meet financial targets
Ability to comply with all F&B brand standards
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent grooming standards
Willingness to develop team members and self
Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Responsible for the preparation of capital and operational budgets for his department
- To work in co-ordination with the Executive Chef for the development of new menus and menu changes and to remove those items from the menu which are slow- moving and introduce better replacements
- To determine and evaluate menu planning, style, design, marketing effectiveness and pricing for the best competitive advantage
- To assess profitability by comparing budgeted F&B costs with actual costs based on standard recipes and recipe costs
- To consult with the Executive Chef and decide the price structure for various items in the menu in relation to competition
- To keep abreast with the competition by conducting periodic competition and market surveys
- To plan and conduct food festivals and promotions
- To conduct regular tastings of various food items/ canned items/ soft drinks/spirits at regular intervals, so as to ensure that best possible quality is maintained and procured for the Hotel
- To ensure the timely pick-up and replenishment of all buffets
- Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- To set a high standards of work performance and by consistent supervision ensure maintenance of these standard
- To plan for and schedule manpower, equipment and supply requirements for the F&B service department
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- To ensure that pay-rolls are kept at the lowest level in the department, and to conduct method studies to eliminate manpower wastage and to monitor productivity level of employees.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- To maintain and enforce such systems and methods in the area of F&B service as laid down by the management
- To train the food & beverage staff in co-ordination with the training manager
- To improve employee productivity and food quality by selecting the most flexible facility design/ layout and equipment
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
- Responsible for hiring of employees in F&B Service department
- To maintain par stocks levels of all crockery, linen, condiments, beverages. Also, to revise these par stocks as per seasonal changes
- To recommend the periodic purchase of special items both domestic and imported
- Responsible for maintaining reasonable cost control in the department without compromising on quality
- To keep wastage of food to the minimum, by timely buffet replenishment, controlling food wastage, ensuring appropriate portions and checking pilferage
- To account for the spoilage of food and beverage items and breakage of glassware and china
- Supervise the preparation duty rosters for his team.
- To ensure that all banquet functions are conducted in a pre-planned manner, keeping the guest’s request in mind. Also to ensure that such events do not disturb guests in other areas of the Hotel
- To conduct daily briefings and ensure that shift beginning and shift end briefings are being held at the beginning and end of each shift
- To ensure that employees in the department conform to house rules and policies of the Hotel
- To work closely with the Banquet Manager, Assistant Managers in the F&B Service Area/ restaurants, for the attainment of profit, quality and service standards of the department and the Hotel
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, disciplining and review of all Food & Beverage Service staff.
- To carry out annual staff appraisals of his subordinate staff
- Compile monthly departmental reports.
How to Apply