- Company: I&M Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Laikipia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
The role will be responsible for growing the assets and liabilities business of the Branch, as per defined budgets and managing costs so as to maximize the profitability of the Branch while handling and overseeing all operational and human resource aspects of the branch. This position is the main contact person responsible for the customer experience through consistent quality service delivery at the Branch
- Marketing for new business in both assets and liabilities for the branch;
- Marketing for alternative products such as credit cards, prepaid cards, Internet banking, mobile banking etc. as well as the Group products from GA and subsidiaries;
- Arranging meetings with potential and existing clients for the review of requirements and exploring business opportunities;
- Monitoring accounts and following up for repayments and remedial action where accounts may become delinquent;
- Initiating the process of securities perfection, obtaining necessary documents, initial vetting of document, and process follow through to ensure securities are perfected in a timely manner;
- Setting targets for the Branch teams and monitoring performance to ensure the Branch achieves its overall business targets;
- Reviewing the credit applications and call reports prepared by the Relationship Officer and making appropriate recommendations to the approving authorities;
- Reviewing the daily overrides report as well as over the counter payments and making appropriate decisions or recommendations.
- Processing of ad-hoc/additional/new requests/complaints/excesses and obtaining approvals where/when required;
- Providing feedback to customers in reply to their requests and requirements in a timely manner;
- Following up with customers to ensure compliance with sanctioned terms and conditions with respect to account operations and provision of all requisite documents and covenants;
- Complying with audit observations and initiating necessary action and follow up with clients;
- Educating and creating awareness for the client on new products, Banking regulations, requirements and industry trends;
- Providing feedback to Senior Management on customer requirements/ market trends/product development to suit the needs of the customers;
- Ensuring quality service delivery within prescribed TATs to ensure customer satisfaction and business retention or growth;
- Mentoring and managing the entire Branch team;
- Introducing account opening forms, approving RTGS and TT instructions, approving Fixed deposit initiations and exceptions to Bank documentation;
Taking charge of Branch operations duties and actions that includes:
- Authorizing transactions;
- Reviewing and signing Letters of Offer and Letters of guarantee as per policy;
- Approving recurrent administrative expenditure;
- Representing the bank at local events and bank functions;
- Maintaining the Branch and Branch assets; and
- Taking charge of the security of the Branch and customers visiting the Branch.
Qualifications And Competencies Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Management or Accounting from a recognized institution
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma (CIM); and
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good networking skills; and
- Ability to drive performance and manage resources