- Company: G4S
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mombasa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
Reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager, the Branch Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of Courier operations at the branch including receiving of route vehicles from Nairobi, offloading, sorting, raising the delivery sheets, handing over to the delivery team and making sure that on time deliveries done within the agreed Service Levels Agreements. The Supervisor is also responsible for dispatching the Route Vehicles to Nairobi within the agreed Service Level Agreement after tallying and loading all the items that have been collected within course of the operations.
- Ensure proper route planning and scheduling for cost effective and timely deliveries
- Organize a daily frontline staff parade to get staff feedback, communicate safety information, processes and procedures review and any management information
- Maintain an updated daily parade minutes book and escalate in writing all staff concerns to the Operations manager within the first one hour of receipt of such concerns
- Deploy staff optimally and ensures all assignments are well covered at all times and ensure all shift staff reporting and fall-out timings are observed
- Ensure full compliance of courier processes and procedures and reports in writing all violations on time to the Team leader compliance.
- Receive and confirm seal for all incoming route vehicles and ensure incoming items are accompanied by respective waybills
- Ensures shift plan timings are observed- sorting- raising delivery sheets and handing over deliveries
- Ensure proper handling of customer shipments to eliminate; damages, losses, pilferages and prepare service monitoring reports for all assigned key customers
- Ensures delivery vehicles leave the Hub at the agreed time and deliveries are done within the set Service Level Agreements.
- Reconcile the day’s deliveries at the end of each shift timing, hands over day’s updates and submit the daily reconciliation report to Team leader compliance at the end of each shift
- Deal with customer complains effectively, escalate any complex and unresolved inquires and complains
- Performs periodic staff Performance appraisal and keeps updated performance records for all staff under his shift.
- Investigates incidents and accidents which fall within the shift and files updated corrective action reports.
- Prepare weekly reports on frontline staff feedback and competitor activities
- Debt collection and Management on the assigned set of customers to keep them within approved credit terms
- Ensures safety first policy at the work place is adhered to and maintains an updated branch safety file
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary education
- Diploma in Business studies and, or a University Degree in a business related field from a recognized University is an added advantage
- At least 5 years Courier operations management experience covering all shifts
- Good organizational and people management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic operational environment