- Product Ideation and Market Research: Generate, develop, communicate and conduct market research for new Corporate product ideas in the market.
- Product Design and Pricing: Determine technical premiums for new and repackaged Corporate products.
- Product Risk management: Identify and analyse risks relating to new and repackaged Corporate products, and setting out proposed risk mitigation measures.
- System and Process Capabilities: Drive the operationalization of new products i.e. ensure processes and systems are in place to administer the complete product administration cycle.
- Product Approvals: Drive the product approval process both within the Company and externally with the Insurance Regulator and other government bodies – where relevant.
- Compliance Requirements: Work with the Legal and Risk functions to ensure that all compliance requirements with respect to products are met.
- Product Documentation: Develop and continually review product training manuals and content for marketing brochures that are appropriate to the target market and distribution channel of the products.
- Work with the Innovation and other teams to turn data insights into profitable products.
- Work with the marketing team to improve the look and feel of Britam product offerings.
- Own and improve the Britam Corporate client journey with a focus on customer-centricity.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree in Actuarial Science – or another highly numerate subject area.
- Good progress in the examination from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or any equally recognized professional actuarial body (attempted and passed at least 8 actuarial exams).
- At least 3 years experience in an actuarial or product development function in a very busy office.
- Experience across product lines preferred i.e. life and non-life.
- Proven experience working across functions and with multiple stakeholders.
- A keen eye for innovation in the insurance and financial services space preferred.
How to Apply