- Company: KCIC Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Business DevelopmentKCIC Consulting Jobs in Kenya
KCL enjoys a wide regional presence particularly within the East, West, and Southern Africa. We have implemented capacity building, business development and market access projects for SMEs in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, South Africa, Ghana, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Our team of experts bring together combined experience in enterprise development, sustainability, fundraising, capacity building, research, among others within the wider Agricultural, Energy, Waste management, Water resource management, and Commercial forestry sectors.
- Develop annual BD strategy and ensure its implementation including practice wise and geographically.
- Prepare an annual BD budget and manage the budget throughout the year.
- Strengthen business development and marketing processes, systems, and procedures including contacts, CVs, proposal database.
Business Development Support
- Plan and lead business development activities including developing pipeline, market research, marketing visits, presentations, attending conferences and seminars, and publishing papers.
- Develop an early intelligence pipeline.
- Lead the process of developing and continuously strengthening systems to improve the quality of EoIs, pre-qualification documents, proposals, and call for concept note opportunities.
- Prepare and oversee all responses to EOIs, proposals ensuring high quality.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and potential key clients, strategic partner firms, and independent consultants.
- Perform research and analysis on donor and market trends and share relevant information internally.
- Participate in capture and positioning for priority bids and coordinate proposal needs and ensure quality.
- Support internal and external meetings by scheduling, preparing meeting materials, and tracking priorities and next steps.
- Manage internal proposal development resources, such as a consultant and partner database, and support staff in using these resources.
- Identifying emerging trends and providing inputs on business strategy
- Maintain excellent relationships with key partners and clients, and support strategies for new partner/client engagement.
Communication and Knowledge Management
- Lead and develop messages and marketing materials for clients and partners. The materials need to be custom made depending on the need.
- Assist in preparing content for the website and social media outlets, such as staff bios, blog posts, news announcements, new wins.
- Manage internal knowledge management resources, such as project data sheets, opportunities pipeline, bids compliance documents, CVs, capability statements, reference letters, testimonials, etc.
- Maintaining timesheets for activities and work done.
- Ensure timely billing and collections.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies. Train and support staff on BD processes.
- Master’s degree in international development, business administration, or another related field.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms, and other online collaboration tools
- Min. 8 years experience in the field of Business Development. Experience in leading BD teams within the consulting industry is preferred along with working on donor-related BD projects.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge, skills, and abilities in proposal development and skill in applying lessons learned from prior proposal teams to subsequent assignments.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of socio-economic trends and development challenges and opportunities in East Africa and Africa.
- Strong capabilities in writing, research, planning and time management, and organization with a problem-solving orientation
- Ability to produce high-quality products quickly and efficiently with outstanding writing and editing skills, attention to detail.