- Company: African Management Institute (AMI)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Business Development
AMI enables ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive. We deliver workplace learning that equips entrepreneurs and managers with the tools and training they need to succeed. AMI combines online and mobile tools with in-person workshops and on-the-job practice. Tens of thousands of people have taken our programmes, executives to entry-level workers, in large and small companies across the continent
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will join a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. S/he will report to the Managing Director, Executive Education & Workplace Learning and be supported by an experienced marketing and senior team.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales star with a passion for learning and development to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The Business Development Manager will be an aggressive and ambitious sales professional who consistently beats targets and sets the agenda in her or his sector.
AMI has market-leading digital platform and content assets, on-the-ground footprint in six markets and a network of high-profile corporate and entrepreneurial clients across the continent, including Uber, Radisson, Weetabix, Rwandair, M-Kopa, M-Gas and many others. The Business Development Manager will work to rapidly and aggressively build our B2B business across the continent, with an initial focus on East Africa, to establish market leadership, both through direct sales to companies, and channel/referral partnerships.
S/he must be a driven self-starter; a data-savvy professional with great people and project skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation, understand its learning and development needs and work with our world-class learning design team to scope and sell a solution.
- Strengthen AMI’s pipeline of partner organisations and businesses (B2B) across Africa
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
- Manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals
- Make presentations, negotiate and close deals with support from senior staff
- Upsell AMI products to existing clients
- Work closely with the rest of the Business Development and marketing team, to develop and improve on best practices & processes
Client management |
- Work with programme management teams to manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle and beyond
- Manage client contract renewals and pricing
- Support partner organisations in marketing workshops and other AMI products to constituents
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Proven success in consultative sales and B2B business development with a preference for SaaS experience
- A drive and tenacity to develop completely new sales
- Ability to generate new leads and relationships and systematically convert those leads
- Ability to sell management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Fluent English required for all roles. French is a bonus
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm for AMI’s mission to drive prosperity and growth in Africa by enabling ambitious businesses to thrive, through practical tools and training
- Preference will be given to African candidates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years sales experience, specifically selling consulting or business services (B2B)
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle
- Direct experience working on client accounts
- Experience writing business documents such as proposals and training presentations
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Experience using Sales force or other CRM systems desired