Business Development Officer Job, Latest Project Management Job Vacancies In Kenya,
We are a business technology platform designed to Empower Small Growing Businesses in Africa, helping them keep their financial records and attain Financial Literacy through business support accelerators and sharing this reliable information to financial institutions to extend credit to them to fuel growth in their businesses.
We are currently recruiting Business Development Officers to work with MSMEs within Nairobi and neighbouring environs.
Roles and responsibilities
Recruitment of entrepreneurs:
- Identifying potential MSMEs businesses to be recruited into the project by collecting their biodata and sales, expenses, inventory and cash information that can be used in vetting and selection.
- Facilitating the recruitment processes including collecting baseline data of the MSMEs on a pre-developed mobile app.
- Conducting financial literacy trainings for recruited MSMEs
- Conducting needs assessments of the engaged MSMEs to identify gaps where further support is required.
- Helping the MSMEs to identify growth targets and financial requirements. 4. Preparing intervention workplans and business plans to guide the work with the MSMEs.
- Conducting mentoring to the MSMEs to ensure they receive relevant and adequate advisory services to meet their business development targets.
- Identifying various business development or capacity building opportunities for the MSMEs that are supported under the program.
- Managing a portfolio/ cluster of MSMEs which will have been recruited into the project.
- Conducting monthly mentorship, capacity building, training among other activities to ensure maximum project retention and active usage of the mobile app of the MSMEs within your portfolio.
- Supporting your portfolio of MSMEs with various aspects of access to finance including application processes and managing of funds received for purposes of scaling their businesses.
Event/Training Preparation and Management:
- Organizing all the logistics for events/ trainings, including identifying suitable venues, inviting stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
- Delivering business development or capacity building trainings where needed.
- Recommending and organizing additional growth trainings tailored to the needs of entrepreneurs based on needs identified.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Collect weekly and monthly monitoring and evaluation data including cash and credit sales, expenses, inventory and cash among other parameters and submit them to the project supervisor.
- Provide regular feedback to enterprises with regards to their performance.
- Prepare weekly and monthly project reports and submit to the project supervisor.
- Supporting the project supervisor with quality control on field information
- Support the project supervisor in undertaking analytical studies.
- Supporting the project supervisor on the preparation of cluster success stories for documentation and review.
- Providing the project supervisor with impactful stories and field events on a weekly and monthly basis. Cross cutting assignments:
- Minimum a diploma in Business Administration, Entrepreneurships, Project Management or equivalent.
- Additional training or on-job training on financial management and literacy in the MSME sector will be an added advantage.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the business field. Hands on experience or knowledge in MSME businesses, including within informal settings and micro enterprises
development will be an added advantage.
Hands on experience as a trainer, facilitator or advisor in the MSMEs space will be a great
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Good communication and writing skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Analytical and skills related to MSMEs businesses.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem and other target audiences related to
- Experience of working in/or with community groups and membership-based organisations at grassroots levels.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply via email with a Cover letter and a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, current physical address and a daytime phone contact and the names of three professional referees to [email protected] with the subject line as the position.
Applications should be made not later than 5.00pm on 10th Oct 2021
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .