Campus Operations Associate Manager Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
We are looking for an exceptional Campus Operations Associate Manager to manage campus day to day operations at our upcoming Nova Pioneer Boys and Girls high school boarding campuses based in Eldoret.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
You will be responsible for assisting or directing the planning, development , and implementation of both the day to day operations and projects related to the support of Academic Systems, Sports Activities, Catering Services, Transport Services, IT Services, Facilities Management, Security Services, Procurement and Finance and Administration.
You are to ensure that support services are provided in an efficient and effective manner so that the school is better equipped to meet the students learning and social needs. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
Other responsibilities are:
General Campus Operations
- Assist with implementation of any and all initiatives put forth by the School Management Team and the Operations team.
- Lead and/or provide support in the execution of projects related to school goals and the Operational Effectiveness Key Performance
- Ensure smooth campus operations (including evening and weekend activities) by liaising closely with resident teaching staff and operations team.
- Support in the successful running of various aspects of school operations – Student Support Services, Kitchen operations andSports Activities
- Is the go-to-person on the team when it comes to campus cleanliness, maintenance & repairs, facilities management, security and utilities.
- Responsible for the operations, supervision and maintenance of building systems to provide continuous supply of water, electrical power, and other utilities required for operations.
- Work closely with the campus security team and caretaker to aid in the maintenance of a safe learning environment.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of the routine and preventive maintenance required for all buildings and physical equipment.
- Assist in forecasting and managing the school facilities budget.
- Assist in doing various cost analysis to identify operational improvements
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing contract/casual staff, including cleaning and security staff
- Responsible for appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining contract/casual staff; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience preferably in business operations, project management, marketing, event management and/or finance operations
- At least 1-2 years spent in a leadership/ supervisory role demonstrating progressive responsibility
- Superior problem solving and planning skills
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Good competence in Microsoft packages such as Microsoft Excel
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.