DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Lori
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mombasa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing organization that is building a cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics, compared to 6% in the US.
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings ( savings upwards of 18% ).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
Lori is seeking a strategic and hands-on Cargo Sales Associate, Nairobi, who will drive the business to the next level of growth by expanding existing relationships and creating new ones with external partners at the senior level. The position will require the ability to further build and manage teams in customer acquisition, customer service, and procurement departments. In addition, an ability to transition between in-the-weeds execution and systems/structure building is essential – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment. Crucial to this role is persistence and a commitment to the goals of building the logistics infrastructure system of the future.
- Identifying business opportunities by establishing prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Selling products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintaining A-level Client Relationship Management by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Keeping abreast with current industry trends to provide relevant strategic advice to management
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role in a high growth environment
- Proven leader and team builder
- Record of delivering results at a top firm
- Strong negotiation skills; high level of extroversion
- Attention to detail
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Previous experience in a tech environment is preferable
The Lori team of ~200 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Josh Sandler, CEO: Industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Uche Ogboi, COO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Citi, Nigerian native
- Efayomi Carr, Head of Strategic FInance: Africa focused investor at Quona Capital, BCG, Sierra Leonean native
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here