- Company: Sendy Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the VP Financial Services and working closely with the members of C-SUITE & Head of Departments. We are seeking a talented analytics professional who thrives at the intersection of data, human behavior, marketing, product, and engineering. The individual will have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and deploy solutions using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Identifying and making recommendations to our stakeholders so that they can apply these insights to positively impact our overall business.
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
- Build statistical forecasting models and frameworks to support operations planning.
- Research and utilize advanced sampling and modeling techniques to enhance modeling results
- Provide analytical results to support strategic business decisions and the formulation of such decisions
- Produce data visualization such as charts, infographics, and dashboards to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders clearly and effectively
We know you are the best because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Economics or other related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical and machine learning models: logistic regression.
- Excellent SQL, Logistic Regression, Zero Inflated Poisson Regression, AI/ML models and Python skills with a good understanding of best practices in software engineering and data engineering.
- Strong mathematical and statistical ability along with a proven ability to solve complex business problems with effective solutions in a commercial environment.
- Statistical modeling and data analysis experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, sampling theory,
- Previous 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in fintech company desirable.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Self-propelled continuous learner who keeps up with new tools and methodologies.
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking can balance attention to detail with swift execution