- Company: Sanergy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Credit Officer will be a member of the Credit Team for the Fresh Life network. They will work in collaboration with our customer support team, Sales & Operations and Finance Team. The Credit Team Officer is responsible for credit monitoring and delinquency management of the assigned portfolio for fresh life customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issuing receipts and reports to Fresh Life Operators regarding account status
- Follow up on payment on overdue customer accounts.
- Liaise with Credit Manager to maintain loan schedule and perform portfolio at risk analysis on a weekly basis
- Review arrears, monitor progress of existing loans, assess clients’ financial status on repayments and ensure achievement of set targets for the collections of invoices.
- Refer unresolved cases to the Credit Manager, prepare weekly reports on collections received, follow ups done and commitment dates agreed on.
- Working with the clients on an agreed payment plan, send reminders before agreed due dates, handle customer complaints, answer queries and offer advice to the clients through call follow ups and sms.
- Maintain updated records of outstanding balances, drive repayment behavior, follow up with clients about repayment plans and advise clients accordingly.
- Analyse his/her portfolio data using excel functions
- Collaborate with other teammates in the organization to ensure that our customers receive effective and efficient services.
- Bachelor’s degree of Commerce or other business related degree from a recognized university
- Credit Experience in small, medium or large MFI having managed a portfolio of Kshs. 40 Million
- Experience and knowledge of credit evaluation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Good financial analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good communicator (oral/written in English & Swahili)
- A team player with great presentation skills
- Call Center Supervisor experience desired