Declaration Officer Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Union Logistics Jobs
Union Logistics Limited is a registered company specialized in offering value based logistics solutions to our local and global customers.
We have effectively developed the necessary resources to ensure optimum efficiency and professionalism thus enabling our clientele to benefit accordingly.
We seek to hire a Declaration Officer who ideally holds a professional qualifications in forwarding with background knowledge and experience in Customs Declaration, documentation and forwarding
- Confirmation/verification of received shipment documents.
- Advising on additional information /documents required.
- Confirmation of invoices to ensure values tally with customs valuation for similar items.
- Confirmation and advice on HS Codes to be used for IDF/ entries.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Applying IDF on the KENTRADE System.
- Registering customs entries for all regimes- Export, Imports, Warehousing, Transit and Transshipments.
- Preparing the required clearance documents for Port Clerks.
- Follow up with KRA, Kentrade and other government agencies for approval of entries, IDFs and other permits respectively.
- Advising company and clients in respects to declarations.
- Ensure timely resolving of declaration issues with authorities.
- Attend meetings and forums especially those related to Customs Documentation.
- Giving clients estimates of duties and taxes if required.
- Assist on preparation of bonds registration and cancellation documents.
- Ensure forwarding clerks have all required documents for clearance of cargo at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Assist to sort out any tariff dispute by the custom officers during clearance and clarification on declaration in case it’s required.
- Advise the Operations and sales team on the customs procedures, clarifications, duty tariff codes that might be required by the client.
- Advice management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations so as to help realize growth.
Specialist Training and Certifications
- EACFFPC/KRATI/KESRA Certification
- Single Window, TRADEX and KENTRADE with vide usage of TRADEX and KENTRADE.
- ICMS Training is mandatory
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Experience and full understanding of Air freights and Sea Freights clearance procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of KENTRADE, TRADEX, ASYCUDA and TANCIS, ICMS online systems.
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Attention to details
- Ability to work long and strenuous hours.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application indicating their current Gross salary by 15th September, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org