- Company: McKinsey & Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Economics, Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations; Advanced degree or specialization in Digital is a plus
- 5+ years of experience executing and/or leading digital marketing programs for top digital marketing agencies, internet-companies or client marketing organizations
- Vast experience in leading campaign operations across multiple channels and products preferable in e-commerce, marketplace or e-commerce arm of retail companies
- Deep expertise and knowledge in digital strategy, omnichannel, digital culture and agile process
- Hands on experience in ROAS optimization, digital media planning, tracking and conversion funnel optimization
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, Programmatic Ad-buying, UX, CRO, Mobile Business, Mobile and Digital Analytics, Service design/Design Thinking
- Experience working with digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Optimizely etc.
- Experience utilizing first and third party data for segmentation, audience creation, targeting, and personalization
- Strategy oriented, with deep expertise in business and wide knowledge in enterprise management and superior level of problem solving
- Digital marketing savvy with first level of technical knowledge in all (or nearly all) digital marketing disciplines Traffic generation (Search Marketing, display, programmatic, etc); UX, A/B testing; Email marketing; Social Media Management
- Ability to influence and be a natural leader to manage the internal team and coordinate the multidisciplinary external teams in complex client environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and communicate with a wide range of non-technical and low technology literacy stakeholders and customers
What You’ll Do
You will work with colleagues from across the firm to help leading companies in the region to multiply their growth via implementing best-in-class agile marketing and personalization, enabled by data and technology.
You will apply your distinctive level of subject matter expertise to shape CxO level agenda on digital marketing and growth by developing specific marketing strategies and transformation initiatives that accelerate customer acquisition and customer value across channels.
You will work together with consulting teams on conducting an assessment client capabilities and performance in digital marketing, identifying actionable insights, translating them into strategic initiatives and managing their implementation. This will entail making optimization recommendations, coaching client staff and at times may also include campaign ops within the ad-tech / martech platforms.
You will also contribute to defining the implications to the client operating model, new roles and organization implications and operating processes. You will also contribute to the strategies and solutions for marketing technology.
Leveraging your expertise, you’ll help to advance McKinsey’s overall knowledge base by contributing to and expanding our diagnostic and assessment toolkit and approaches. You will also develop new frameworks, approaches and techniques in addition to building on existing ones.
You’ll typically work on projects across industries and will be part of McKinsey Digital and our Marketing & Sales practice.
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll join Johannesburg, South Africa or Casablanca, Morocco office and be part of the McKinsey Digital practice, which brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from new digital business building to IT modernization and strategy, Agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.