- Company: World Vision Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.
Reporting to : Business Development Manager- Local Resource
Grade Level : 15
Purpose of Position
To strategically position World Vision Kenya brand for online marketing and visibility. The incumbent will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the local resource development fund by managing the WVK fundraising website and set WVK as a flagship for resource development. The incumbent will contribute significantly via social and electronic media to raise support for local resource development initiatives. The position will also manage the CRM platform. In order to perform this role effectively, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate World Vision’s ethos, values and strategies as outlined in Our Promise.
Local Resources Mobilization 30%
- Develop a marketing plan for Inuka Angaza based on the cultivation plan
- Develop campaigns to enhance visibility using media that will highlight WVK’s work using life transforming and impactful success stories
- Regularly update the WVK/Inuka Angaza website to reflect updated content
- Work with National Office and field teams to brainstorm new and innovative strategies.
- Ensure the use of quality photos and other digital marketing tools to that will inspire local donors
WVK Brand Visibility 15%
- Lead the development of the WVK website and ensure it is updated with appropriate marketing content
- Support in the preparation of written material, internal newsletter, press releases, media briefings and other communication products
- In conjunction with the communication team, engage with the appropriate mainstream media
- Keep WVK actively on social media through content shared via twitter, face book while updating with the donors
- Develop a mechanism for engaging Kenyans in the diaspora
Manage Customer database 15%
- Lead the development of a digital system to reach out to the Kenyans in the diaspora as a potential funding source
- Lead the day to day running of the CRM platform
- In conjunction with communications, develop a resource base of influential Registered Children Alumni produce documentaries where their life stories are documented and used for marketing purposes
- In conjunction with communication and the field teams, identify potential stories of need for marketing.
Stories and documentaries 20%
- Develop a database of documentaries and stories for use as and when an opportunity arises
- Evaluate important metrics that affect website traffic and target audience
- Work with the field NRD point persons to develop capacity in marketing to support fund raising initiatives.
- Support the fund raising events organized in the field
- Work with mainstream media to broadcast WVK life transforming stories for purposes of visibility
Social Media Engagement 15%
- Design and oversee aspects of WVK’s digital marketing for local resource development (LRD) including marketing database, email, and display advertising campaigns
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets
- Plan and manage National Resource Development social media platforms
- Prepare accurate reports on marketing campaigns overall performance for LRD
- Coordinate with advertising and media (external engagement) to improve marketing results
- Identify latest trends and technologies affecting LRD for informed decision making
- Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or designee
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Management or Public Relations or related field form a recognised university
- A minimum of 6 years in the marketing 3 of which must be in digital marketing
- Prior experience in working with the private sector and networking with business entities, governmental and non-governmental organisations
- Skills in website development
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills required
- Photography skills an added advantage
- Certification in graphic design