DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: VISA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This dynamic position, to be based in Visa’s Nairobi office, requires a proactive, solution oriented, articulate, strategic thinker, who is able to operate and interact at the highest levels of Government. The function involves frequent travel within the region and sometimes to other international destinations.
The position will be responsible for managing all Visa interactions with financial sector regulators and key government officials in East Africa to ensure the following:
- Visa is well positioned to take advantage of potential partnerships with national government agencies particularly in the areas of financial inclusion, payments digitization, including the delivery of social services, payment of taxes, and other potential government programs that may benefit from the application of electronic payments;
- The expansion of the industry in general, and Visa in particular, is not hindered by intrusive political or regulatory intervention;
- Visa’s profile and reputation are optimized through the delivery of coordinated communications and education targeted at key central bank officials, regulators, government officials, and other policy makers both directly and through appropriate surrogates; and
Visa’s outreach and messaging in the EAC region is consistent with similar efforts in other key SSA markets.
Key responsibilities for the position
- Develop and implement an effective Government Relations strategy for the area of responsibility
- Lead the development and building of stakeholder relationships with Government regulators, businesses and non-governmental organizations at all levels
- Ensure that Government Relations plans are aligned with Visa’s strategic business objectives
- Establish and maintain effective long term relations with Governments and other external stakeholders at the appropriate levels
- Monitor the regulatory and policy management environment in various East African countries in order to make timely interventions to protect Visa’s commercial interests
- Identify opportunities and support business development programmes and initiatives
- Manage day to day Government Relations operations and represent Visa at relevant forums in the various regional markets
- Ensure optimization of meeting targets and GR objectives by introducing best practice
- Build and maintain internal relationships and enhance an understanding of the function within the company
- General understanding of the functioning of the electronic payments industry
- Proven track record and minimum 5 year experience in all aspects of developing and implementing stakeholder relations strategies
- In-depth knowledge of the local business and political environments in East Africa
- Political acumen
- Ability to balance commercial interests and social benefits
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours
- A motivated, self- starter who is able to work independently, within a team, and without daily supervision
- A team player, able to work across various Visa functions
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English; a working knowledge of an additional foreign language may be an added advantage (French, Portuguese).
- Reports to Senior Director, Government Relations SSA
- Works very closely with Country, Group-level, and Global colleagues including Country Management, Business Development, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Risk, Compliance, Client Services, Corporate Social Impact, Legal, Marketing, Strategy, and Product groups
- Liaises closely with functional colleagues in the region and around the world to develop and refine best practices
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here