Director Of Sales Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is a playing field for smallholder farmers in Africa by providing them with the goods, services and information they need to thrive. They provide smallholder farmers with quality agricultural inputs on credit and brokers the sale of their crop at harvest time and use mobile technology and artificial intelligence to smartly connect farmers, input suppliers, and buyers in a digital marketplace and are currently looking to fill the position of a Sales Director.
The Sales Director will develop key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans and be responsible with successful execution to achieve our revenue targets. We are looking for a leader who has a proven track record of managing sales teams to achieve and exceed revenue targets, is able to work collaboratively across the company to achieve common goals and is excited to join an early-stage start-up with huge potential for growth and impact.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/exceed sales targets and to expand the customer base
- In close collaboration with the business heads (Inputs, Credit and Market Linkage), set and manage to weekly work plans and targets for field staff and agents
- Take full responsibility for your performance and that of your team by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, providing timely and clear feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly and directly
- Responsible for all recruitment, on-boarding, training, management, and off-boarding of all sales staff and agents
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the company’s value proposition through meetings and presentations
- Report to businesses heads on forces/risks that will require a shift in strategy and/or tactics, including insights from retailers, field staff and other relevant parties
- Works closely with Finance and business heads to establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Identify and communicate relevant market trends
- Represent the desires, incentives, motivations, and perceptions of our customers internally
- Continuously identify new ways to improve our sales strategy and operating model
- Evangelize the company’s vision, strategy and results internally and externally as required
- Establish focus by developing and communicating goals in support of organization’s mission
- Provide motivational support to enhance others’ commitment to their work
- Initiate, sponsor and implement organizational changes required to improve organization’s effectiveness and help others to manage these changes
- At least 7 years of experience in sales with a proven track record of exceeding targets in a senior sales role, preferably in rural markets in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Proven ability to get groups to work together effectively
- Highly quantitative – you are a data-driven decision-maker
- Process-driven – the ends don’t always justify the means for you
- Empathetic leader – your EQ is as high as your IQ
- Alignment with our Core Values, which are Get Your Boots Muddy, Act Like An Owner, Be Passionate and Persistent, Do the Right Thing and Go Farther Together
- Motivated by working in a business with strong social impact
- Proven ability to achieve alignment with internal and external stakeholders– you know that influence is more effective than authority.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘DIRECTOR OF SALES’ as the subject line.