Director Jobs, Technical Services Jobs, Technical Jobs, KFC Jobs
(JOB GRADE KFC 2)-JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/DTS/2019- 1 POST (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, job holder will provide strategic and professional development opportunities for established and emerging professionals, source project development funding, promote investment in the existing services industry, research current market perceptions of the Kenyan industry in nominated markets, maintain and update the database system and house a selection of Kenyan produced films/videos for viewing.
- Providing strategic support and professional development opportunities for established and emerging professionals by fostering collaboration and communication within film, television and new media industry;
- Providing strategic advice and assistance that informs the Board and Management on matters relating to development, implementation and review of film industry strategies and initiatives for the growth of the film industry;
- Coordinate the sourcing project development funding through strategic alliances with production, network and services companies;
- Oversee the promotion of investment in the existing services industry and research current market perceptions of the Kenyan industry in nominated markets, determine gaps and opportunities for subsequent dissemination of the information and market data to stakeholders;
- Establish practitioners’ development schemes to assist them develop high-quality projects and attract private sector investment;
- Facilitating the development of local content;
- Establishing incubation centres for capacity building;
- Developing fiscal and other incentives to promote investment in the film industry;
- Establishing and administering a film promotion fund;
- Developing strategies for mobilization and sourcing for funds for film industry programmes and projects;
- Mapping and identifying challenges faced by investors in the industry and developing strategies to mitigate them;
- Coordinating the development and facilitating implementation of incentives and rebates for the film industry;
- Coordinating and certifying persons, associations and organizations participating in the production of film, photography, video, stills, animation, new media and related media;
- Overseeing the establishment of incubation Centres for the film industry in Kenya;
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual work plan, annual budgetary proposals, annual procurement plan for the department.
- Developing a marketing strategy that represents the combined needs of the greater industry for both domestic and international productions;
- Coordinating the development of appropriate strategies and initiatives to ensure that potential local and international customers are attracted to Kenya’s locations and production facilities;
- Liaising with National Government Departments, County Governments, Agencies and private organizations on matters relating to the promotion, marketing and development of the film industry;
- Coordinating the formulation of promotional and advertisement strategies in liaison with distributors, film studios and filmmakers for the film industry;
- Coordinating the Mapping of Kenya’s key locations for the Local and international film locations market;
- Developing and implementing operational policies on promotional programs for effective and efficient promotion of the film industry.
- Have at least twelve (12) years relevant work experiences six (6) of which must be in senior management position;
- Have Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Film Production, Archiving, Mass Communication, Business Administration or any other relevant masters degree from a recognized Institution;
- Have Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Film Production, Archiving, Mass Communication or any other relevant bachelor degree from a recognized Institution;
- Be a Member of a relevant Professional Body;
- Have a Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Bureau Reference.
Terms Of Service
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How To Apply
Please submit your application to a sealed recruitment box at the reception of the Kenya Film Commission, 2nd Floor, Jumuia Place, Lenana Road, Kilimani, Nairobi and send a soft copy to email@example.com so as to be received no later than 16th September 2019 at 5.00pm. Those who had applied earlier need not to re-apply.
Applications must consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road,
P.O. Box 76417, 00508 Nairobi.
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.