- Company: VMware
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
We are a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the business forward. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft the business plan for success within your role, and seek virtual team support to be successful in executing that plan.
As the Partner Business Manager (PBM), you will be responsible for account managing and selling to key business partners in your region in order to grow strategic relationships and dramatically increase the revenue driven through each partner.
As Part Of Our Team, You Will
- Build working business plans covering sales training, technical enablement, lead generation and marketing activities, maintaining partner competency accreditation
- Drive large opportunities and incremental revenue through building strategic relationships with key channel partners
- Establish and grow VMware practices expertise within large corporate channel partners to strengthen VMware marketplace defensibility
- Establish all VMware GTM Solutions as a key component of IT strategy that is embraced and promoted by large resellers
- Market and sell to the Resellers in your region to ensure that we become a standard part of relevant practices, such as Cloud, and End User Computing
- Present to and educate the key influencers at the Resellers to ensure they are including VMware in their recommended solutions/proposals to customers
- Create direct partnerships with key Resellers management team and map to VMware management and establish contractual relationships with the key partners
- Map Solution Providers field organization to VMware field organization, including technical resources where appropriate
- 3+ years experience in managing partners for either an enterprise software or hardware vendor, or within sales at a corporate reseller
- Preferable experience in enterprise software sales with a record of overachieving sales goals
- Experience of working in a channel environment
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work with a portfolio of partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: relationship building, influencing
- Focus on results with ability to follow through
- Good attention to detail and reporting skills
- Be a self-starter with the confidence and capabilities to work remotely
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.