- Company: Ramco Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
Mr Rambhai came to Kenya in the early 1940s from the Gujarat region of India. He started a small hardware store in downtown Nairobi in 1948 and that was the humble beginnings of what is now the Ramco Group. His 3 sons, Kirit, Mahendra and Chandrakant joined the family business after their studies and based on these strong family ties, the group built a solid foundation on which it could grow and expand. Ramco Group’s initial expansion was within the hardware and building supplies industry which the family knew well. However, in 1986, the brothers diversified into both stainless steel and printing with the acquisitions of ASL Steel and Polythene Industries respectively.
You will be responsible for leading the eCommerce strategy and delivery across a number of brands within our portfolio, responsible for managing significant budgets and driving digital acquisition and conversion. You will be leading a team that will look at running existing businesses online as well as initiate new projects. passionate about the customer and will enjoy the challenging of developing best in class customer journeys. Strong eye for detail and passionate about building great customer experiences.
Role & Responsibilities
- Achieve new e-commerce business sales
- New business sales process from initial prospecting and pitching through to contract negotiation
- Identify and present new e-commerce technologies options to clients
- Guide the development team through all phases of developing clients’ e-commerce sites, including online payment integration
- Devise acquisition strategies through effective and visible account planning
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities and ensure sales activity records are reported and maintained
- Ensure contractual paperwork for contracts within the portfolio is up to date
- Proven experience in capturing and analysing data to drive effective strategies
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an e-commerce management environment
- Proven experience in online payment gateways
- Proven track record of successfully leading sales growth.
- Professional qualification in digital marketing will be an added advantage.
- Tech savvy with exceptional online marketing skills
- A creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time and deadlines management skills; ability to lead, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping goals and objectives
- Adaptable and flexible; responsive and resourceful in a fast-paced business
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, copywriting skills are a plus