Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
We seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidates to fill the position outlined below within the Corporate Banking Department.
Reporting to the General Manager – Corporate Banking, the role holder shall be responsible for driving growth of the Corporate Banking portfolio product sales across the Corporate & SME segment in accordance with agreed objectives through participation in the following key responsibilities:
- Prospecting for new Corporate, and high net worth clients and meet the set targets.
- Developing and implementing business growth strategies for different clients/sectors for the bank.
- Active management of existing clients including increasing wallet share.
- Participating in presentations to clients and marketing drives and other relationship management activities.
- Managing an active portfolio of at least 5 corporate clients in an active ecosystem.
- Customers service management as part of relationship building.
- 360 degree understanding of clients financial needs and all bank products and services.
- Regular client visits/presentations and meetings with visit reports.
- High level negotiation to get new and additional business.
- Preparation of various reports including customized client proposals according to client need.
- Coordination with various departments like credit, treasury etc. for delivery of seamless service to client.
- Competitor and Industry analysis – Actively review and monitor competitor product offerings and monitor industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing or other business related field from a well-recognised institution.
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a finance or credit role in the bank.
- Good working knowledge of credit analysis.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Seasoned banker with proven networks among Corporate, SME and high net worth clients .
- Passionate, highly self – motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player who is change oriented and customer focused.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and manage relationships and influence various stakeholders to deliver business.
- High networking skills with high level understanding of the financial sector needs for the different sectors of the economy.
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator both orally and in writing.
How to Apply