- Company: SunCulture
- Location: Kenya
- State: Baringo
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
About the Role
Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, the Field Engineer be involved with and not limited to carrying out Technical Surveys, conducting SunCulture product installations and aftersales. He will also be a pioneer of product knowledge and troubleshooting when it comes to the innovations of SunCulture products to our customers.
- Undertaking Site visit for pre-feasibility and Feasibility site information collection and analysis.
- Contacting clients to set preferred dates and installing the products within the set timelines.
- Proper time management to ensure all projects assigned are achieved within the timelines set
- Be very proactive in identifying job risks during installations, resolving them, and reporting to the team leads
- Communicate and mitigate any risk factors that are encountered in the field by various engineers.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities
- Carrying out technical surveys and submitting the reports) to the engineering team leads
- Designing irrigation systems, conducting installations, and providing after-sale services for SunCulture products
- Mentoring and in-field training of new engineers
- Guiding clients through contract filling and sending the signed contracts to HQ every Friday.
- Contacting all clients assigned promptly and setting the agreed preferred dates in the app sheet
- Filling and syncing Job Submission Forms(JSFs) in the app sheet within the same day the installation/after-sale is done
- Vetting of clients and initiating dispatches of products via the app sheet once the set threshold requirement has been met.
- Reporting of emerging issues during after-sales and installations to the relevant authority as soon as they emerge.
- Work closely with the after-sales department to ensure quick resolution of after-sale issues.
- Advise and provide recommendations to clients on products that would work best for them during technical surveys
- Do a minimum of 2 installations in a day.
- Achieve a mean Turn Around Time of under 2 days for jobs done
- Achieve a mean app adherence of 100% of all the jobs done
Traits for the role
- Be a team player.
- Be ready and committed to working in the field
- Be ready to learn
- Be creative and quick to resolve unprecedented issues that arise in the field
Does this sound like you?
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other related field with specialization in Agricultural equipment is an added advantage
- 2+ years of experience with solar grid pump systems and irrigation systems management
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and with strong execution skills especially installation and conducting surveys
- Good communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to interact freely with customers of different levels and backgrounds.
- Passion for irrigation and proactive in decision making
- An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
- Be organized and be an expert in time management
- Thrive in resources constrained environments with discretion in using budgetary allocation.
- An agile trainer capable of training and being trained and be very resilient and flexible
- Strong computer skills in, GSuite, Microsoft Office, database management experience in CAD or other project design software is a plus
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and meet deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude