Department Head Job, Latest Finance Jobs Kenya 2021,
POSITION: Department Head
POSITION BUDGET: 120,000 – 150,000
Our client, in the retail Industry is looking to fill the position of a Department Head.
The Department Head is responsible to ensure the quality, range and freshness of offered goods to attract and satisfy the customers. The role holder is also responsible for the coordination and communication between Merchandisers and Sales Teams and other relevant service providers within the assigned area.
Store Strategy Development and Implementation
- Monitor and develop strategy to ensure competitive advantage
- Oversee negotiations with suppliers for internal promotions to enforce the image of discount of the store
- Oversee the establishment of a competitive assortment offer
- Stay informed about competition activities in the store’s catchment’s area and take necessary measures
- Oversee commercial policy agreed for the store pricing
- Ensure the proper conservation, utilization and profitability of the department’s assets
- Oversee the products assortment in the store
- Review comparative studies for the sections that can contribute to the efficiency of the commercial concepts
Merchandise and Stock Management
- Develop the price image and freshness image
- Ensure proper stock management (stock value, control out of stock, orders and merchandise deliveries)
- Oversee the scheduling for ordering items and the organization of the warehouse
- Implement initiatives to ensure lowest waste and shrinkage ratio
Store Service Functions
- Oversee the implementation of the security and hygiene procedures for assets and employees in the section
- Ensure all sections are enhancing customer service requirements and promoting sales
- Ensure the quality, the application and protection of company’s “Know-How”
- Inspect displays (including merchandiser activities) and ensure correct pricing is implemented at all times
- Supervise scheduling is done effectively and efficiently for related staff
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
- Apply the company corporate policies and labour laws for working hours, leaves & weekly schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in E- Commerce or Business Administration.
- 3+ years in Retail Business, 2+ years in an operations supervisory role
- Communication and presentation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Time management
- General product knowledge
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to [email protected] by 25 th November 2021. Indicating Department Head on the email subject .
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.