General Manager Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Rose Avenue Jobs
Our client, one of the most admired premium “small luxury hotel” groups in the world is seeking to recruit a General Manager for their prestigious hotel in the Kenyan coast.
The successful candidate will be an inspired leader who will lead the operations of this remarkable property, designed and built to make the extraordinary the standard.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the property’s engaged ownership team, yet will have autonomy in setting the course for this key asset and accountability for its results.
The GM will be a natural leader who is driven to build a team of hospitality professionals committed to delivering personalized, luxury service; recruiting, mentoring and anchoring their team in a best-in-class service culture.
He/she will excel by setting the service and performance standards for their Hotel Leadership Team, providing guidance to ensure these standards are effectively executed through all levels of the property and in every guest interaction.
He/she will be a transparent communicator, both with their in-house team and with company leadership. This will ensure both the corporate vision is executed and all financial metrics are met.
Managing Property Operations
- Ensures service programs are in place and executed
- Provides timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Manages the flow of labor between departments to support effective management of labor budget and achievement of profitability goals.
- Creates and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
- Prepares for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
- Acts as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
- Walks the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
- Manages the implementation of major brand standards
- Delegates responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community. We want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owner to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with brand service behaviors.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength. Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- This experienced leader will possess an advanced degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field while bringing ten plus years of progressive hospitality leadership experience within a luxury or upper upscale hotel.
- Their educational and experiential qualifications are refined by a passion for exemplary service and solid financial acumen.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification, motivation for the job and current remuneration to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application Deadline: 20 th June 2019