General Manager Operations Jobs, General Manager Jobs, Tours & Travel Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our Client is a Tours and Travel company current recruiting a General Manager ( Operations)
The role of the GM(Operations) is to lead and coordinate the daily activities of the sales and marketing team and the Travel Consultants.
Sales & Marketing –
- Marketing & Selling all travel products- Help in promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new niche markets, this may need time out of the office to see new prospects and dormant clients. Also may require delegation consultants to specific dormant accounts. (New Business)
- Dealing with customer enquiries & complaints, aiming to meet their expectations- Account Management/Customer service
- Maintaining and following clients for business- (Retention) by ensuring all consultants follow up on client enquiries for closure by calling/emailing to ensure client enquiries are confirmed.
- Developing business strategies to increase profitability
- Ensuring increased sales revenues month by month
- Ensure consultants do telesales on a weekly especially on dormant or inactive accounts for the past one week.
- Track sales per client, comparative analysis of previous year-same month, month to month, propose strategy to increase or maintain sales.
- Online booking tool adoption and awareness and introduction to clients
- Filling of tenders
Operations Management –Operational efficiencies, overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the business
Manage Client Service Levels by;
- Manage daily service levels across all communications channels:
- All enquiries/quotations are converted into sales- 80% conversions through timely follow up of quotations by consultants, keeping records of all enquiries and sales through daily reports
- Client feedback on rejected quotations, and measures to correct the problems thereof
- Ensure 24 hour access and availability to service is seamless and efficient
- Ensure, in coordination with account management, that all team members are aware of client travel policy and service level requirements and participate in client meetings when required.
- Ensure maximum profitability of the travel department to the Company by;
- Negotiating with travel partners for best rates (discounted fares, special fares, commissions etc.) to earn competitive advantage
- Ensure airline penalties and losses from consultant errors are minimized – ADMs. Penalties/losses are audited, analyzed, reported and mitigations in place to minimize them.
- Ensure all ticketing reports are done accurately, consultants countercheck the client invoices before signing for dispatch.
- Ensure all unutilized tickets (ticket refunds and tax refunds) are done on time- monthly
- Submit monthly performance & risk reports to management- Sales, profitability etc.
- Develop, review the departmental operational policies, processes & procedures
- Ensure implementation and compliance to policies and procedures through constant supervision
- Manage consultant’s weekend rota and 24 hour schedule, ensuring reachability and availability on weekends, holidays and off office hours.
- Manage consultants leave and attendance
- Record keeping for the department- clients lists, consultants managing the accounts, contracts/pre-qualifications and contract expiry dates etc.
- Conduct monthly meetings with consultants to update on departmental performance, customer complaints, issues etc.
- Meeting management to advise on strategy, finding out about any local issues and future trends;
Performance Management –
- Manage, motivate and provide direction to direct reports to achieve agreed targets.
- Maximize team productivity through ongoing reporting, feedback and counseling. Goal setting, review and appraisal process of consultants.
- Constantly drive direct reports to achieve their personal and team KPI’s. Monitor and provide feedback weekly basis.
- Complete monthly individual reviews with direct reports and frontline travel consultants covering their KPI’s and defining resulting action items and/or personal development plans.
Skills, interests and qualities
The skills required to perform such work are as diverse as the function itself. The most important skills are:
- Excellent written and Oral Communications skills
- Organizational abilities. Planning and prioritizing through execution to monitoring for productivity and efficiency.
- Coordination and optimization of processes for maximum efficiency.
- Quick decision-making with a clear focus on problem-solving.
- People skills- must people skills to properly navigate the fine lines with colleagues, subordinates and senior management. Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Creativity- ability to finding new ways to improve corporate performance.
- Tech-savvy. Familiar with the most common technologies used in the industry, a deeper understanding of the specific operation technology at the organization including PBX Phone system management, Amadeus/Galileo Script writing, TRAMS Interface experience, Client Base Plus development, integration and deployment for leisure or corporate travel, automated ticket-based ticketing and tracking system.
- Resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Tourism & Travel or business related) with relevant managerial and travel-related experience.
- Minimum Experience: 5 – 8 years of direct supervision of front line travel Consultants in a corporate travel environment.
- Experience managing leisure, group or event travel.
- Specific functional experience, perhaps in operations, marketing, sales, retail or IT role, may be advantageous.
How to Apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org