- Company: Airtel
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Business DevelopmentRetail Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
Why Airtel Africa?
- At Airtel Africa, we act with passion, energy, and a can-do attitude. Innovation with an entrepreneurial spirit drive us. If you like “ordinary”, then we are not for you.
- We champion diversity. We anticipate, adapt, and deliver solutions that enrich the lives of communities we serve. we roll up our sleeves to win with our customers.
- By choosing Airtel, you choose to be part of a winning team. All this in addition to a brilliant opportunity to build a career in your field of expertise, across our different operating companies in Africa.
Formulates and designs sales and profitability plan for AM channels.
- Channel development
- Sales execution plan and strategies
- Channel activations
- In -store and Outdoor point of sale execution plan.
- Regional Growth plans and objectives
- Identify gaps and constraints in achieving the profitability of AM channels
Recommends policies and budgets to cover gaps:
- Determines AM shops locations
- Gathers customer intelligence insights through customer experience surveys.
- Develops a work plan and facilitates the scheduling of the regional operational review meetings.
- Sets and agrees targets for each Country with Sales and Distribution and Zonal leaders.
- Analyses performance against potential to determine sales target by country in the region and by product.
- Track sales and analyze performance for each Country -daily, weekly and monthly in line with the country targets
- Oversees the profitability by country by channel and product in line with market potential.
- Designs and implement agent distribution framework for different countries taking to account the nuances in every country.
- Approves and facilitates the deployment of AM services in all strategic areas by channel.
- Assesses float/cash availability and ensure there are no stock-outs across all channels in the region.
- Identify key economic activities in the regions and coordinate with Sales and Distribution representatives to target beneficiaries to use our service.
- Coordinates and support group and country specific Sales and Distribution PCNs and NFAs and ensure timely approval.
- Monitors and controls Airtel Money Branches(AMBs) support by group through the approved subsidy program.
- Ensures optimum resourcing of the country operations (fuel, furniture, work tools) in conjunction with the relevant departments.
- Evaluates monthly audit checklists for AMBs and Kiosks and take remedial action for each country.
- Sets performance standards for Sales and Distribution per Country and reviews periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Trains staff, or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding and compliance of business rules and regulations;
- Supports AM staff through coaching to enhance customer service delivery
- Carries out ongoing evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training);
- Help the country in talent acquisition and recruitment to ensure best performance in the country.
- Identifies disciplinary issues and arranges for the necessary disciplinary action
What will make you successful?
- Degree in Sales, Marketing or equivalent plus relevant vocational qualification in sales.
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial fields, covering sales, business development, marketing as well as driving sales and supervising/leading commercial teams
- At least 5+ years working experience in a similar vertical, mobile money for the unbanked or in mobile banking, agency banking of FMCG.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with partners
- Supervisory and leadership skills to motivate and develop people.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and in written form.
- Customer-oriented, patient, meticulous and a strong team player.
- Analytical – Different zones will require different strategies when building the distribution hence the need to analyze the zones and have different tactics.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence;
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Computer Skills
Airtel Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and remain fully committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.