- Company: Visa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Key Results Areas
- Drive acceptance of Visa payment solutions in the East African market, with a focus across various business segments, key among them top tier and marquee merchants
- Develop strong market relationships with key merchants meant to protect and grow Visa business and brand standing with these merchants
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with key merchants with the aim of ensuring Visa relationship adds value to clients
- Develop and execute the merchant acceptance, merchant relations and partner strategy for East Africa, increase Visa MSV, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa.
- Play a hands on role in the deployment and go to market of a new mobile based technology solution.
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a focus on mobile based acceptance solutions.
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Acceptance and Interchange organizations with other key Visa stakeholders in particular the Country and Digital Teams.
- Establish and foster relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Understand client needs, solution deployment requirements in different environments and develop models of engagement that are easily replicable across organizations with similar characteristics for faster onboarding.
- Support local Client Sales and Digital Teams with their sales and enablement efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with Digital and functional teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services within a highly matrixed environment
- Established networks at decision making levels with a strong business-to-business sales track record.
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Education (required): Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Masters degree in a business field is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Working knowledge of mobile technology
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa
- Working knowledge of project management tools and application
- Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Working knowledge of Visa systems (preferred)
- Strong Sales and relationship management skills.
- Broad and multiple industry exposure.
- General finance and accounting knowledge and understanding.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Project management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies.
- Proven track record of driving growth and taking new products from conception to commercial launch.
- Executive presence.
- Global mind-set, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
- Exposure to emerging payment solutions (mobile wallets, mobile money ecosystems, agent banking, mobile money transfers)