Head of Manufacturing Jobs, Technical Jobs, Moko Home Jobs
Who We Are
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products • Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country • Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
The Role In Brief
Our Head of Manufacturing will take the reins of our growing production function. We’re looking for a self-driven and analytical leader with the ability to direct and grow our manufacturing team and systems. You’ll be at the heart of the company and drive implementation of strategic production goals to meet and exceed customer expectations for product quality and cost. You’ll be excited about maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence.
Develop, implement and manage production systems
- Make and update medium term plans for the manufacturing team in line with company strategy and proactively execute on these – e.g. anticipate when we need to add new production lines to meet sales forecasts and manage the expansion
- Lead the most complex elements of system development and process improvement within the manufacturing team and between manufacturing and other teams in the company
- Implement lean manufacturing best practices to continue driving us toward becoming a world-class manufacturing operation
Develop and lead a high performing team
- Coach managers and supervisors to help them lead their teams more effectively
- Define and adjust organizational structure of the manufacturing team as it quickly grows and changes
- Lead development and implementation of improved training; identify and develop leadership and technical talent within the team
- Drive continuous improvement in all our manufacturing teams with goals of improving quality and reducing cost, making sure everyone is contributing to this agenda and improvements are identified and implemented quickly and effectively
- Contribute to new product development in coordination with customer-facing teams
- Own KPIs concerning product quality, production output, cost of goods, safety, facility quality, team satisfaction and development
- Co-ordinate team activities to optimise cost performance and minimise waste through development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development
Career Growth + Compensation
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package bench marked against lean mid-sized companies. You’ll also be awarded stock options, allowing you to participate in the value you create as a leader of our team.
- You are a strong leader – you’ve demonstrated success leading a complex team including managing, motivating and developing other managers
- You have a track record of implementing lean manufacturing best practices and driving significant improvements in a production setting
- You have an entrepreneurial streak and have are an adaptable professional who has drawn energy from working in a young company, start-up environment or other environment of rapid growth and change. You are adaptable to changing requirements and you enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously.
- You thrive when you’re able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to the freedom and authority to achieve them.
- You are confident in your own ability to perform and inspire others to perform, and You are eager to take on responsibility for a key team within our company. You find the prospect of being rewarded according to your ability to and find the prospect of driving its rapid growth while improving results grow a team extremely motivating.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
How To Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.