- Company: Old Mutual Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Business DevelopmentRetail Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing, the role will develop and implement Brand and Product Marketing, and Research Strategies in line with the overall Business Units Plans to strengthen the UAP Old Mutual and Faulu brand(s) internally and externally, resulting in positive business growth across our key Customer Segments within Retail, MSME and Corporate.
- Develop marketing strategies for the businesses in respect to BU yearly respective business plans.
- Develop & execute marketing campaigns (ATL & BTL) in support of BU objectives.
- Support sales and lead generation activities
- Working closely with various teams in enhancing the marketing strategies developed. These include but are not limited to communications, digital, Corporate Affairs and brand management.
- Monitor adherence to controls within the function especially in risk monitoring & management as well as expense management.
- Enable the attainment of synergies across the various units through the development of activities that have cross-function application and adaptation to enable achievement of Integrated Financial Services.
- Budget and tracking: Working in close liaison with the entity MDs and the Head of Finance to develop cost effective annual budgets for Marketing and Research. Daily management of the same.
- Directly partner the marketing team at all levels to support the development of appropriate marketing strategies.
- Support BUs with analytics centered towards their business goals and priorities.
- Work with the marketing leadership team to build financial business cases to support large scale investment.
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business.
- Evaluate and report actual versus planned outcomes of marketing strategies and plans.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for the department and for individual campaigns.
Establish effective systems, procedures, and standards of performance for staff in the Department.
- Team motivation and mentoring, on the job training/coaching for the team, score card tracking, leave management, supervision of daily business.
- Guide, lead and manage the staff in the Department in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, and a high degree of disciplined execution.
- 5-8 years hands on marketing experience
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Minimum 2-year work experience in a similar partner marketing function beyond field and digital marketing
- Prior experience in business partnering with sales, marketing, or insurance/financial industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Professional qualifications in Marketing
- Customer centricity
- MS Excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, coach and supervise team members effectively to deliver on business targets.
- Strong communication skills, able to accurately and effectively communicate with peers and leaders in other groups both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical reasoning skills
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking & Risk Management
- Process Discipline and Quality Orientation
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Developing Self/Others
- Culture sensitivity on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Bachelors Degree (B): Business (Required)