Head Of Marketing Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
About the role
Reporting to the Country Director, The Head of Marketing takes responsibility to develop and oversee the execution of dynamic and progressive marketing and digital strategies and campaigns guided by overall business goals. He/she manages and provides leadership in the operations of the marketing department consisting of the Creatives, Public Relations, affiliates and Digital Marketing units. The position is based in Nairobi- Kenya with country wide travel.
- The ideal candidate will be an all rounded, passionate, highly creative and innovative marketing professional with the ability, advanced knowledge and experience in executing 360 degrees marketing campaigns and strategies.
- He/she will be an “out of the box” thinker, with the ability to implement innovative and adaptive concepts in a fast-paced environment, that will enable brand awareness and loyalty on a countrywide level.
- A strong and convincing communicator, he/she will be the face of the company and as such will be responsible for representing the brand across different media channels and audiences.
- Responsible for the day to day running of all marketing activities within the Company, including setting goals for all marketing units and monitoring their achievement.
- Provide leadership in the execution of impactful marketing and digital strategies and campaigns from concept to implementation.
- Create and develop best marketing models and practices geared at brand awareness and growth through identifying target audiences across the country, and develop marketing strategies, plans and activities that target these segments for growth.
- Oversee results driven digital marketing campaigns
- Act as the chief brand ambassador and face of the company and positively portray and market the brand across different channels and audiences.
- Carry out market research so as to understand and analyze consumer trends and behaviors, as well as competitor behavior, and develop proactive strategies to address the market demands and also plan for future marketing campaigns.
- Create brand awareness within the Company by keeping all internal stakeholders informed of brand activities – from senior leadership to employees through periodic reports and internal communications.
- Provide leadership in the creation and management of content for all marketing platforms and channels.
- When needed, work with marketing agencies and contractors to design and implement marketing campaigns.
- Provide analytical marketing data and reports to management to aid in marketing decisions
- Provide training, coaching and mentorship to the marketing team.
- Responsible for the marketing budget, ensuring ROI on all marketing activities as per determined deliverables and targets.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, additional marketing certification will be an added advantage
- Above 7 years’ experience in a similar position, with proven results in successfully scaling a business through marketing and digital channels
- In-depth knowledge of 360 degrees marketing strategies, a strong advantage of building cross country brand awareness
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
- Highly innovative – ability to use nonconventional models and mediums for results
- Experience and knowledge in online marketing use of digital tools, spaces and best practices to amplify brand messaging.
- Business acumen and results driven
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking able to deliver the goals in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong listening skills
- Demonstrate and communicate a high level of ownership and commitment to achieving results
- Must have the drive to work outside the limits of their job when necessary to achieve results
- A Creative problem solver
Compensation and Benefits
An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate, as well as a well-balanced, creative – enabling and flexible work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and application to [email protected] so as to reach us by 4 th September 2020