- Company: HF Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in KenyaHF Group Jobs in Kenya
Housing Finance Company of Kenya was incorporated as the premier mortgage Finance Institution in Kenya licensed under the Banking Act with the CDC and the GoK owning 60% and 40% respectively. Housing Finance started operations with the main objective of implementing the government’s policy of promoting thrift and home ownership by lending funds advanced from First Permanent East Africa Limited (FPEA). Operations were restricted to the zoned residential areas within Nairobi and Mombasa.
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Micro & Small Business will be the principal contact between a designated portfolio of small enterprises in order to drive business, manage sector profitability growth and maximize revenue. He/she will be responsible for the management of Client relationships to deliver products and services.He/she will be responsible for understanding the needs of his/her clients and developing tailored solutions to meet these needs using the Bank’s suite of products and services targeted to the segment.The role holder will also be responsible for managing his/her clients across the financing cycle, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s internal policies, regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for developing a detailed strategy that would enable him/her grow and maintain a customer portfolio that will ensure the delivery of the business targets in accordance with the Department’s annual performance plans.
- Support the drive of growth and opportunities in the assigned sectors.
- The Manager shall manage a portfolio of small enterprises banking customers, with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery and acquisition of new to bank customers.
- The Manager is responsible for effectively executing all the agreed business development and growth strategies in accordance with the long, medium- and short-term plans of the Bank and as set by the Head of SME And Commercial Banking. This will be done through active portfolio management and development by maintaining & growing existing income sources and meeting set targets for new business.
- Responsible for building a high-quality portfolio by effectively managing clients across the entire financing cycle.
- Deliver a high-quality service by owning customer engagement, striving for excellence in all interactions with (prospective) customer or other professionals, and always acting according to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure that client plans are co-ordinated and the respective support teams are in place with Critical Account objectives accepted, where applicable.
- Take a proactive approach to client planning across the portfolio collaborating with product partners and senior management, as appropriate.
- Establish an effective working relationship with the Risk Management teams, in order to validate the accuracy of the customer risk profile.
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and take action where there are potential and existing problem accounts to protect HFC interests.
- Conduct review of the sector performance, addressing key mitigants and growth opportunities in the market.
- Conduct consistent monitoring of deals to prevent defaults on client’s payment, alterations in the client’s business, and to be aware of forthcoming client’s financial needs.
- To continuously be reassessing risks associated with the sector the client is in and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings
- Contact the client immediately (meeting him/her in person if required) in the event of non-payment of a facility installment, and, if not resolved, take subsequent actions to recover credit in arrears according to Bank procedures.
- Monitor facility accounts in arrears and work with the relevant Bank staff to reduce the portfolio at risk, and work with the Collections Unit to develop and implement recovery processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that his/her assigned portfolio complies with Bank policies.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Business related degree from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in banking, with proven experience of at least two (2) years in a similar position or at least 3 years banking experience and sales/marketing background, where he/she managed a portfolio of SME or Commercial/Corporate Banking clients.
- Experience managing borrowing customers and analyzing financing proposals, especially for SME.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Selling skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Supervisory skills
- IT Skills
- Report writing
- Communication skills
- Product knowledge
- Team Work
- Listening skills,
- Decision making skills
- Relating & networking skills
- Business acumen,
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Verbal & written communication.