Our client is reputable 3 Star Hotel in Bomet, seeks to recruit a Hotel Manager .
Location: Bomet County
Salary: 35K – 40k
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of the hotel as well as provide strategic direction. He/She will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
- Ensure efficient and effective hotel operational systems, processes and policies
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, house keepers, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Ensure proper care and control of property, equipment and materials
- Ensure staff retention by developing and managing staff skills, abilities and talents
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services and functions.
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Ensure company standards for housekeeping, decor and guest services are met.
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits.
- Monitor staff performance, ensuring the hotel is running well and guests are happy
- Coordinate front-office and back-office activities and resolve any problems
- Set budgets and room rates, allocate funds and approve expenditures for various departments.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business development mindset
- Seek opportunities to maximize revenue for the hotel
- Ensure cost control to achieve maximum profit
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
How to Apply
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed as they come in.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.