International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an internationally youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self development programs, encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship, to harness creativity for a youth system that provides jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with a strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
1. Join the Pipe Project:
Installing sustainable tap water stations near playgrounds, city centers, parks, schools and bus stations in Africa; for people to access clean tap water whenever possible.
The project also works to bring awareness to the environmental impact of production and waste of bottled water through two ventures:
- A water kiosk at school : a school based and students managed business selling clean tap water to community residents. It involves financing a community school to set up an onsite water kiosk with specially designed and sustainable products for children to transport tap water at home straight from school. It is both an educational and profitable business – teaching students’ business and entrepreneurial skills, and generating much-needed income for schools.
- Public drinking tap water station : In partnership with urban Communities/Towns/Cities we install our non-breakable drinking water station in Public places for people to access clean drinking tap water free of charge.
2. Jijenge Kijana Fund:
a youth livelihood pathway offering microcredit, micro-saving and training which enables ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods
3. Erasmus Plus Projects:
- Young Social Innovators- (YSI): Engines of Social Change. The project aims on one hand to conduct a comparative analysis of Youth Issues, Attitudes and Policies in relation to the social innovation processes from the perspective of various world regions, and on the other hand to promote the recognition of youth work by building the capacity of youth workers and youth leaders to empower young people for using social innovation in finding local answers to complex social and societal challenges in participating communities. This project is done in partnership with: Europe House Slavonski Brod- (Croatia), Change It- (Czech Republic), Dejavato-(Indonesia), International Transformation Foundation-(Kenya), Brigada-(Peru), Meritum (Poland), VSA- (Thailand) and Taycen- (Tanzania).
- Reflect Experiment Capture – (REC) is a project entailing art, experimental filmmaking and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying in particular through experimental filmmaking as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth. This improves their administrative functioning, social and dissemination skills. This project is operated In Partnership with: I NTRAS Foundation-(Spain)***,*** CJD Verbund NRW Süd / Rheinland- (Germany)***,*** CESIE-(Italy) and Dejavato Foundation (Indonesia).
- Social Entrepreneurship for Youth Power- (SET-YP) activity plan contributes to acquire and develop a mix of knowledge, skills and aptitudes that the youth need to succeed in the Labour market and generally to achieving the objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy and objectives of the Commission in the field of social entrepreneurship. This project is done in collaboration with these organizations: Geoclube (Portugal), PlanBe, Plan it Be it (Cyprus), Fundacja Centrum Aktywno?ci Twórczej (Poland), System and Generation Association- (Greece), Center for Sustainable Development Studies (Vietnam), VHS Bhaktapur Community Learning Center (P) Ltd (Nepal), International Transformation Foundation (Kenya), Brigada de Voluntarios Bolivarianos del Peru( Peru) and Asociación Colombiana para el Intercambio Juvenil Cultural- ICYE (Colombia).
- GO-PRO The main objective of the project is to create space for the development of key information and communications technology (ICT) competences in the field of programming for children and youth. The project plans on achieving this by creating GO-PRO centers where modern programming education can take place and in the process awaken the passion to code in the youth. This project is done in collaboration with Meritum (Poland) and International Transformation Foundation (Kenya). **
International Relations Assistant:
Reporting to IR supervisor, the International Relations Assistant plays a crucial role in bringing forward internationalization in ITF and is involved in many activities mainly creating and overseeing the ITF’s global operations. She/he is responsible for all of ITF’s foreign strategic planning and implementation, providing leadership and management of the International Programs/ Office including program planning, development, and oversight of budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Spearhead the ITF international expansion dubbed “the ITF Dream challenge” by:
- Opening new branches in West Africa and the rest of the world;
- Initiating international marketing, communications and Fund-raising initiatives.
- Direct the International Office branches including projects planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and oversight of budgets.
- Facilitate, coordinate and act as primary point-of-contact for all international affairs.
- Maintaining the relationship with current international partners and establishing new relationships with international organizations and states/Governments.
- Identify and prepare a grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for international projects/offices.
- Hire, train/mentor, supervise, and evaluate International offices volunteer staffs.
- Receive and mentor International volunteers, ensuring they are well settled and facilitate their quick adjustment to their new environment.
- Organize and evaluate international programs including conferences, events and seminars as well as representing ITF in such.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Basic Knowledge &Skills required:
The applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as International Relations; Communications, marketing etc,
- Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
- Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi-task and prioritize,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
- Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development.
Although ITF Volunteers enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF Staff operates on a full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.
How to Apply
We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses as mentioned in the above paragraph (Compensation). If you meet the basic requirements do complete this application form available on our website with the position you’re applying for in the Application(Volunteer or Intern) box by 30 August 2021
For any queries get in touch through [email protected] , Tel: +254770306839, @ITFSecretariat on Twitter or International Transformation Foundation on Facebook.