Senior Business Development Manager, Trade Finance Job, Banking Jobs Kenya 2021,
Reporting to the Head Trade Finance, the position will be responsible for the implementation of the Trade Finance strategy, growth of Trade Finance incomes and business volumes through effective management of the assigned portfolio of Trade Finance clients across a spectrum of sectors whilst ensuring high level of customer satisfaction and compliance to internal procedures and operational controls.
- Drive the growth of Trade Finance incomes, business volumes and manage assigned portfolio from the process of deal origination, structuring and credit approval to contracting and placement to ensure that the process is finalized within optimal time.
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of international trade finance.
- Provide expert advisory services on trade finance products and services, solutions and transactions to clients, sales and credit colleagues and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prospect for ‘new to bank’ clients in conjunction with Relationship Managers and offer innovative and customised solutions.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Provide leadership to junior colleagues, including any direct reports assigned.
- Develop, implement and manage a range of innovative trade finance products and solutions so as to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives.
- Enhance the uptake of KCB’s trade finance products and services by existing and new clients, through providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with relevant business units in the bank.
- Track customer and competitor activity, and analyse all relevant market and industry data, with a view to identifying opportunities for innovation and business growth.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in Business related field from an institution recognised by CUE. Post-graduate and/or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Trade finance front office/Trade finance product management covering below responsibilities:
- Trade Finance Operations
- Sales; experience in deal origination and execution
- Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Product development
- Credit Management
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience handling Structured Trade & Commodity finance transactions
- Experience in managing teams
- Professional qualification in Trade finance/Trade certification is added advantage
- Masters’ Degree in a business field will be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Corporate Banking & Trade Finance Products & Services within Banking Industry.
- Expertise understanding of Trade Finance Instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Product training to Bank staff across the Group on Trade Finance products
- Participate in various cross-functional forums when called upon from time to time.
How to Apply
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 2 nd July 2021
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.