Data Operations Officer Job, Latest IT Jobs in Kenya December 2021,
About The Team
As Komaza’s Data Science team we leverage data to enable Komaza to meet its business, operational and strategic goals, and create disruption through analytics. Our work spans Komaza’s entire value chain from Nursery to Sales and we participate in projects at every stage of the data lifecycle, from devising data capture and structuring methods, through to forecasting and predictive modeling. We work closely with many teams – particularly the Technology team – to complement their efforts with our knowledge and insights of data methods. This year we will work on projects ranging from carbon financing accreditation to executive dashboard design and automation of data operational processes.
About This Role
As the Data Operations Officer you will play a key role in supporting data management, systems, and tools execution as well as data reporting from the field and back. You will work closely with the Data Operations Team Lead and key Value chain stakeholders to ensure the integrity of the data systems and reporting. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a positive professional attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
What You Will Do
- Data Management and Reporting
- Take the lead in the execution of value chain data management systems varying from the maintenance and improvement of the data collection tools, databases, and dashboards
- Collaborate with data designers and tech teams to evaluate where data systems and processes enhancements are required.
Data Quality Assurance
- Work with the Data Science team to ensure data standardization by upholding and data governance policies and procedures.
- Support data quality by working with the data quality assurance team to set up data audit systems and review data accuracy.
- Work with value chain stakeholders to update or create KPI’s dashboards and reports required for tactical operational decision making
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Business Management, Data Management, Engineering, or relevant degree
- 2 years experience in systems design, data management, data mining.
- Proficiency with Data Analysis Software – R, Python, SQL or other data analysis language
- 1+ years experience directly or indirectly managing a team.
- 1+ years experience in developing dashboards and visualizations
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and organizational skills
- Start-up and/or social Enterprise experience greatly advantageous
- Design of data collection tools in survey CTO or data collection softwares
- Design of Relationship diagrams and performance of ETLs is an added advantage
- Knowledge of mapping tools (QGIS) and processes an added advantage
- A creative individual capable of thinking out of the box to come up with solutions to complex data issues.
- Passionate about learning, not just new skills but also discovering different work techniques
- Proficient in customizing data tools for a specific target group
- Extremely meticulous with high levels of concentration in approach to work
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
What We Expect
This is more than a technical analytics role. It will challenge you to apply your team management, quantitative and qualitative tech skills at a dynamic work environment! You will be expected to identify data related operational problems and suggest solutions that would solve the problems identified. We offer a great opportunity to further your career.
What’s in it for you?
Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.
How To Apply